E2 levels during IVF stims
6 Replies
rosie - May 13

hi...

i'm on day 6 of stims (gonal-f) and my E2 was 199. last month, my RE thinks i stimulated too fast and my E2 was too high. on day 6 of stims it was 695 last cycle.

so my question is this: is the 199 too low now, or is that good number at this point?

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - May 13

I do not have a problem with an estradiol of 199 pg/ml on day 6 of an IVF stimulation. Your RE knows you, and the rest of the data regarding the stimulation, and I do not. You really do have to rely on his/her judgement.
Good luck.

rosie - May 14

thanks. i was trying to get a general idea of what E2 levels should be during different points of the stimulation phase of IVF.

i had heard that it is "normal" for there to be 100-150 pg/ml per mature follicle. what would that be for follicles that are smaller (ie: 10mm or 12mm)? is there a general guideline for this?

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - May 15

Generally speaking, 250 pg/ml to 350 pg/ml for each mature follicle is considered a reasonable range for a cycle stimulated by FSH products.
Good luck.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - November 10

I have no way of kowing what your circumstances are. I can tell you that if you are hyperstimulating, you need to stopm all medications, and wait until the condition resolves. You are likely to have ovarian cysts through the next cyclce, before they are gone. If you have large ovareis, now, putting a laparoscope in is dangerous.
Good luck.

e. elizabeth - November 10

I was on 2 months of birth control to get back to normal, it did not work,!!!!

I want the laproscopy to drain and correct the problems. i HAD hormonal dosage done which I had to start on day 14 where the E2 was at 441. I have had three major Echo-sonograms at three different locations done. All the doctors agreed to have it done at three different sites. They all agreed, they can not tell why I am still in hyperstimulation. And the image is not that defined to see it clearly.

My FSH and LH are normal, only E2 is out of range, also my albumin is low and my alfa 2 GLOBULINE is high signifing a chronic inflammation, which has occurred since my FIVET attempts. My cysts have not gone away at all, I have had it since July05, then I went on the pill in late August because I had to wait for one normal cycle to start THE CYCLE.

Now i HOPE i GAVE A BETTER PICTURE TO WHAT IS GOING ON!! hOW Do I GET RID OF OVARY CYST FROM HYPERSTIMULATION THAT WILL NOT GO DOwn. I HAVE HAD NO PRIOR HISTORY OF ANY OVARIAN PROBLEMS, AND HAVE BEEN SCREENED. I am worried before I agree to anything. I would appreciate your advise.

[quote author=Barry Jacobs, M. D. link=board=5;threadid=912;start=0#11443 date=1131622739]
I have no way of kowing what your circumstances are. I can tell you that if you are hyperstimulating, you need to stopm all medications, and wait until the condition resolves. You are likely to have ovarian cysts through the next cyclce, before they are gone. If you have large ovareis, now, putting a laparoscope in is dangerous.
Good luck.
[/quote]

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - November 10

There is no way any physician can provide valid advice without personally evaluating the patient. As a matter of fact, in Texas, where I practice, to do so would violate the mandates of the board of medical examiners

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?