E2 and IVF
1 Replies
shansy - July 15

Hello,

I am awaiting the start of my IVF stims. I was on the b/c pill for a cycle and Lupron which I have been on now for 2 weeks going on my 3rd. My E2 level at the initial baseline u/s b/w day was 80 and my RE wants it at 50 so they kept me at 10 units for an extra week to see if it would go down. I went back yesterday (a week later) and my E2 is now at 113. They are upping my dose to 20 units and I am to go back next week to see if it went down so I can begin my stims. I have PCOS and the u/s showed 21 follicles yesterday which have begun to grow a little from last week.

Due to all of this, what is your opinion on this cycle in terms to how it is getting started? My RE said not to worry that this is completely normal and some women just take longer to suppress. Also, they said that it is great that I already have this many follicles on my own, that this is what they wanted to see. Do you agree?

I appreciate any input you have.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 15

Without having evaluated you, I cannot have a valid opinion about your care. I can tell you that the first thing Lupron does is cause the pituitary gland t dump all the FSH & LH it has. That causes the ovaries to make and secrete estrogen. It may take a little longer for you to clear the estrogen you made.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?