Down reg. lupron/antagon
2 Replies
CPacino - March 20

Hello,

I have just completed my fourth IVF attempt with stims due to having PCOS. I have just been told if I try again I will be put on lupron down reg. protocol. I have never taken lupron before & have taken antagon previously to stop a premature LH surge.

I have been told I would take 20mg from CD21 & go down to 10mg when starting stims. I heard that most people start at 10mg or even 15mg & then go down to 5mg only when stimming. So I was just wondering if this seems right. I have never produced many follicles before, but they are usually ok quality. So I was wondering if they are putting me on that much to try to improve the quality or quantity & if it's likely to work.

Also they seemed to imply adding the lupron would be the only thing they would be doing different, didn't mention not doing the antagon too. So I think they would want me to do this as well. My clinic mainly use ganirelix/antagon as they believe it works better at preventing a premature surge than other drugs. But I didn't know it was possible to take lupron & antagon together.

They would let me know nearer the time. But I would like your view please. As I don't get to see anyone who can answer my questions properly until just before starting a cycle. The professor I see also doesn't have much time to talk things through. And basically just assures me they know what they are doing.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 21

I prescribe Luporon, as opposed to Antagon. Our pregnancy rates are better. There are several different protocols for Lupron, so I cannot comment on which is the one right one.
Good luck.

CPacino - March 21

Thank you for taking the time to answer anyway.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?