DNA integrity test for poor morphology?
1 Replies
JANE ALLERTON - March 31

Dear Dr. Jacobs: my partner has a Kruger morphology of 4% and 7% on two different test dates. We used ICSI give this poor morphology. I've had 3 pregnancies with this partner resulting all in week 8 fetal demise. All my tests (Millenova plus all others) are negative. Other than his morphology, he tested negative for everything else blood-wise.

Recently I heard that poor morphology may possibly give rise to corruption of DNA and hence the failed week 8 pregnancies on a repeat basis?? So would this new DNA integrity test be indictive? My understanding is that ICSI selects the best sperm to the job, but is there a possibility of unseen DNA corruption that is only evidenced later on during pregnancy?? Perhaps I am rhyming things together incorrectly......thanks in advance for your clarification. Jane

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 31

Even though eggs and sperm , as well as early embryos may look excellent, we do not know about specific gene problems, from morphology. Certainly a single gene defect coulds be the problem. We cannot always detect them. Also, I do not know what "all of the tests" were, which were normal.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?