Declined response to Gonal-F
1 Replies
bluerug23 - June 2

Just last year I underwent 4 different IUI attempts and was classed as a good responder. The first 2 times I was on 150 IU Gonal-F a day and produced 4 mature follicles (with various smaller ones) both times. My dr lowered my dosage for the subsequent attempts for which I had 2 mature follicles for each.

This year I have moved onto IVF. Much to mine and my dr's surprise/shock, I was cancelled due to poor reponse on the long lupron protocol. IVF Attempt #2 was with Cetrotide and was not a bad response - 7 mature follicles/eggs (with various smaller follicles). We put back 2 embryos graded 3+ and 1 embryo at a 4(With a 5 being the highest mark on our grading system). It resulted in a BFN. For the next cycle we will be trying the microdose lupron protocol.

I am 35 years old with mild endo. Is it typical to see such a marked change in response to stims in one year? Do you have any insight ? Thank you for your feedback. :)

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 2

Part of the problem may be the long Lupron protocol. Lupron can "desensitize" the ovaries. I think you may do better with the micro-dose flare protocol.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?