Day 21 Lupron
3 Replies
beans - April 8

Im on CD 32 and have been taking Lupron for 11 days now. I havent gotten my period yet. so I cant start the Follistim. I went in for u/s & b/w yesterday. My doctor called last night .... my progesterone levels are coming down and I should get my period soon. Im still taking 10units of Lupron in the evening. Im to call the doctor if my cycle doesnt start by Monday.
Should the IVF be cancel if I dont get my period soon? Is it safe to take Lupron for this long (Monday will be 14 days of Lupron)? Can it adversely affect the rest of the cycle.

FYI - I almost always have regular 28 day cycles, but this month was off from the very beginning. My period was lighter/scanty,on & off and I ovulated 4 days later than usual. I made minor healthy changes to diet/supplements last month - I beleive that may have put my cycle out of wack. Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your advice

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - April 8

There is no risk to your health or safety to take Lupron for a couple of extra days. We use it fo several months when treating endometriosis. A longer duration of Lupron treatment may decrease your ovarian response to FSH stimulation. Your unusual cycle this month may be caused by the stress leading up to your IVF cycle, or may be caused by the Lupron .
Good luck.

beans - April 8

Dr. Jacobs,
Thank you for your response. Id appreciate it if you could clarify this for me - When you say ' longer duration of Lupron treatment may decrease your ovarian response to FSH stimulation' ... Im guessing you mean several months of Lupron treatment not a few extra days?
Thanks again.

BArry Jacobs, M. D. - April 8

An extra day or 2 probably would not make a difference. An extra week or 2 probably would suppress ovarian response.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?