Day 1 FSH
3 Replies
Heather Lloyd - February 7

I have been asked to do day 1 bloods this cycle to check FSH levels prior to starting treatment. Aren't these normally done on day 3 or can day 1 levels give a good indication of how the cycle will go.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Heather

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - February 7

I usually check FSH on cycle day 3, But it probably will not be too much different on day 1.
Good luck.

Heather Lloyd - February 8

Thank you Dr Jacobs, you are a gem.....I really hate to be a pain but following on from my first question....

I was supposed to start a flare cycle on Day 1 of my cycle. This involves 300iu Puregon daily from day 1 and Orgalutran from approximately day 5 depending on how everything is going. Unfortunately, my lab did not get my day 1 bloods done today so I have to wait for my results until tomorrow. Will starting a day later have a big impact on the outcome of my treatment or should I just wait until next month to begin my treatment.

Thank you once again for giving up your valuable time to answer questions from (occasionaly) neurotic people such as myself!

Cheers
Heather

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - February 8

I do not know the protocol you are using, so I cannot comment on the effct of starting a day late.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?