Cramping after ET?
4 Replies
TTC2long - June 1

Hi Dr. Jacobs,
This is my second IVF and I had no problems with the first except poor quality embryo's which was in 2005. So it's hard to compare but anyways wondering if cramping after embryo transfer is normal? I was fine right after but later in the afternoon I had some mild cramping and I can't distinguish if it was the same kind of "cramping" I've been having since my ER because of the procedure and swollen ovaries. Later in the evening it was a bit worse BUT after going to the washroom I was fine so I was chalking it up to that. Today I feel fine but can't help wonder if maybe the cramping wasn't a good thing and that my embryo's were affected This has been my best cycle in terms of quality of my embryo's (we transfered 4 all between 6 and 10 cells, a grade 1, 2 grade 2's and a grade 3) so to think that the cramping may of hurt things really scares me. So is cramping normal? This never happened the first time.

Thanks,
Diane

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 1

As long as your uterus was not cramping, it is not a problem for your embryos. Your cramping could be from your ovaries, if you mildly hyperstimulated, or it could be from your bowel. Neither of those 2 would effect your embryos.
Good luck.

TTC2long - June 1

Thank you Dr. Jacobs!! It wasn't like normal AF type cramps so I don't think it was uterine cramping. Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

Diane

sonia989 - June 2

What does it do to the embryos if your uterus cramps? I had assorted cramps and heard that AF-type cramps are pretty common in early pregnancy. In my case, 1 embryo did implant, but we still don't know where.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 2

We do know that uterine cramping with embryo during embryo transfer decreases pregnancy rates. Apparently uterine activity interferes with implantation. as far as cramping in subsequent days, I have nno information.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?