Conception with Fluid on tubes?
1 Replies
ToriFL - March 9

I was diagnosed with Hydrosalpinx tubes. My question is, is there anyway to concieve naturally with fluid on my tubes? Has there ever been a pregnancy recorded where a woman has concieved with this condition?

Also my husband has been drinking alcohol he is 33. He has a high sperm count and great motility rate. But I read in a book as few as 2 drinks can cause fertility problems even in men with healthy sperm counts.

He thinks because we were told we have to go the IVF route that it is ok to drink while we save the money to do the procedure, and then he will stop drinking again.

I really think this is a bad idea. He is not an alcoholic by any means but i think that if there is any chance we can concieve naturally it would increase the risk of miscarriage or take longer to conceive or lower his count and make a difficult problem even more difficult.

What should I tell him about drinking and his sperm count?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 9

You will need IVF to achieve a pregnancy, but first, the fluid i nyour tubes must be removed. Please see a Reproductive Endocrinologist. to assist you. As far as drinking, there is evidence to suggest that a little alcohol may be beneficial to health, but excess is definitely harmful.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?