Clomid for male Fertility
1 Replies
Mztia - July 26

Hello,

I am recently beggining my infertility treatment. My Husband is a diabetic with retrograde ejaculation. He uses Sudafed to help with the retragrade but still has a sperm count about 12mil with 3 mil motile and mitility at about 25%. He has been put on Clomid. How effective is the clomid to assist witht he sperm count and can it improve it enough for IUI or will we need to go straight to IVF w ot w/o ICSI? I have also been diagnosed with LPD with a luteal phase of 7 days. Once treated for the LPD will it affect my chances for successful pregnacy.

We have one child from a pregnacy 7 yrs ago(prior to his diabetes diagnosis) and have been TTC for over 2 yrs. I am 36 and he is 42.

Thank you for you time and input

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 26

We stimulate ovaries for both IUI and IVF. That will take care of your luteal phase defect. As far as Clomifd for male factor problems, it may or may not improve the count, some. It is not likely to improve motility or morphology. In order to get enough sperm in the face of retrograde ejaculation, it may be necessary to make the urine alkaline, by his consuming baking soda, masturbating with a full bladder, then urinate. Motile sperm can be retrieved from the urine.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?