clomid challenge test results
1 Replies
hopefulshannon - May 31

Hi all,
I have never posted anything before so I hope I am doing this right. I am not familiar with all of the abbreviations for forgive me if this is too long. Here is my question: I had a CCCT (clomid challenge test) and my levels were FSH/day 3=8.7 and FSH/day 10=9.5. Then it says P4 day 21=107. I have one ovary. The RE said the results indicate that I have diminished ovarian reserve. These FSH levels seem normal compared to what I have researched online. However, I can't find any info on the progesterone level during the clomid challenge. Ladies who are on clomid to try to conceive say a high P4 indicates ovulation, but my number seems much higher than what they have. Does it mean something else during the clomid challenge test? Why is my doctor not pleased if it means I am ovulating? He said it should be 20. I am so confused and would love to join your group. Please answer if you have a minute.
Thanks,
Shannon

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 31

It is common on Clomid to go through all the hormonal changes of ovualtion (including elevated progesterone levels) without actually releasing the egg (ovulating). As far as progesterone levels in a clomiphene challenge test, I have seen no data. It is not a common measuremnet with that test. Since you have only 1 ovary, by definition, you have diminished ovarian reserve. You lost half the eggs you had at that time, when that ovary was removed. Regardless, you lose eggs daily, even if you had both ovaries.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?