clomid and progesterone
3 Replies
Shannon3016 - August 17

I will be starting my 2nd round of clomid 50mg in a few days the doctor wants to see me back for blood work in 21 days. What is he trying to determine? I went off of depo in Feb. Before starting clomid my periods were 13 days apart. 3 of them were like that. Now after clomid it has been 25 days, and I am supposed to start my clomid tomorrow. Will he be able to tell if I am pregnant then.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 17

I have not prescribed Clomid in over 15 years. It is a very old drug, and we have much better products on the market, today. For more information, I invite you to see our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>. He may want bloood on your cycle day 21 to see if your progesterone is elevated. That does not assure ovulation. On Clomid it is fairly common to go through all the hormonal changes of ovulation without releasing the egg.
Good luck.

joy - October 16

i took clomid once but my linning became too thin and i got cysts and pain from clomid . this time the doctor told me to try letrazole a new drug .......i did my linning was good and follicle size very good ..............and no cyst ..............but i read that it can be harmful if u r already pregnant and take letrazole so............u have to first have a period and know that ur not pregnant than only take letrazole..............is that right..........do u know anything else about this drug..........do let me know too
believe in god

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 17

Letrozol (Femara) blocks the enzyme in the final production of estrogens. It is cleared from the body quickly, unlike Clomid. Clomid blocks estrogen effect at the cellular level, and hangs around for a while. The result, among others, is a thin endometrium.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?