chemical pregancy
11 Replies
hisfavor8 - March 1

How do you over come the chemical pregancy, I've had ivf, and just had fet andt the same thing also I just found out i got a bad kidney infection will that resulted in this issue?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 1

I am sorry about your losses. Although urinary tract infections can increase the risk of miscarriage, there is no way to determine that was the cause of the failure of your either of your IVF or FET conceptions. Only about 30% of eggs a woman makes a re capable of a successful pregnancy. The socalled biochemical pregnancies are part of that statistic.
Better luck next time.

hisfavor8 - March 3

[quote author=B. Jacobs, M. D. link=board=5;threadid=5504;start=0#47356 date=1204377758]
I am sorry about your losses. Although urinary tract infections can increase the risk of miscarriage, there is no way to determine that was the cause of the failure of your either of your IVF or FET conceptions. Only about 30% of eggs a woman makes a re capable of a successful pregnancy. The socalled biochemical pregnancies are part of that statistic.
Better luck next time.
[/quote]

hisfavor8 - March 3

thank you Dr. Is there a way to run blood test or urine test to make sure there's no infeaction in your body or there any proactive step you can take to make sure of a greater success rate. I was told that I'm about to turn 43 and my race make the success rate lower. I don't understand that when 50 yr old women have ivf babies with no problems.

[quote author=B. Jacobs, M. D. link=board=5;threadid=5504;start=0#47356 date=1204377758]
Better luck next time.
[/quote]

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 3

Your race, whatever it is, is not relevant. Your age is. As eggs get older, they are more likely to have the wrong number of chromosomes. At the ageof 43, any woman's risk of miscarriage is about 35%. Women at the age of 50 who have had IVF pregnancies have used egg donors.
Good luck.

lenlance - March 3

on day 10u/s my lining was 8.9mm triple layer. i had taken tamoxifen 3-7 and gonal-f 225iu 7-9. went back cd13 and my lining was 20mm. is that too thick for success? what could have caused such a thick lining?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 3

Your endometrium sounds like it is OK. Your big problem is the age of your eggs.
Good luck.

lenlance - March 19

You were right i had another failed cycle. Well just wanted to get some clarity when you said you would be concerned about the age of my eggs not the endo lining. do you think they let me stim for too long? i was on tamoxifen 3-7 and gonal-f 7-9 and endo changed from 8.9 to 20mm.
what can i do differently this cycle?
please assist.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 19

At the age of 43, using your own eggs, your risk of miscarriage, because of an egg haveing the wrong number of chromosomes is 33.8%. Your risk of having a live born with an extra chromosome (like Down's Syndrome) is 1/25. In IVF patients, where we know embryos are in the uterus, implantation rate is only 6.1%. As aeggs age, they are more likely to have the wrong number of chromosomes.
Good luck.

lenlance - March 19

You were right i had another failed cycle. Well just wanted to get some clarity when you said you would be concerned about the age of my eggs not the endo lining. do you think they let me stim for too long? i was on tamoxifen 3-7 and gonal-f 7-9 and endo changed from 8.9 to 20mm.
what can i do differently this cycle?
please assist.

dees - March 20

Hi Doctor,

Do some women's eggs deteriorate faster than others ?
And conversly, do some maintain their quality for longer, if for example, a woman keeps a good diet, and does excercise ? Or is it genetic ?

Thanks

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 20

Diet and exercise do not effect aging of eggs. WE have no data regarding genetic differences between women as to whether there may be differences in egg quality.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?