chances
3 Replies
Tanya1231 - August 21

Which do you feel is the better scenario:

Two 3 day embryos that are "good quality" from a 31 yr. old with high fSH in a fresh cycle.

OR

One "excellent" 5 day blast and one "good 5 day blast from a 35 yr. old donor in a FET. This donor transferred 2 embryos from this same batch and ended up with twins who did IVF due to male issues

Which would have a better chance for a pregnancy based on this info?

Thank you in advance for your opinion.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 22

I have no data to answer your question. I have seen nothing in the professional literature addressing that question. Since genes from the sperm do not play a role in embryo growth and developement until after day 3, there is no way to predict.
Good luck.

Tanya1231 - August 22

Really my question is...is it a better chance since the embryos inn the frozen cycle are from a women without egg quality/quantity issues? And...is there a better chance since they are blasts and a pregnancy already resulted from that batch of embryos?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 22

Each embryo is a different entity. You cannnot equate one embryo from a cycle to another from the same cycle. Since there is a certain loss of embryos from day 3 to day 5, the day 5 embryos seem to represent an "enriched Population". Even so, I do not know that 1 day 5 embryo has a better chance of producing a pregnancy than 25 day 3 embryos.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?