cervical mucus
5 Replies
lisnel - December 12

I have noticed that almost every month my cervical mucus at around cd 9 or 10 it is really thick and gooey. Almost like a gob of gel. Then it kind of thins out but sometimes it stays thick and gooey. I have been trying to get pregnant since my husband and I married 16 and a half years ago. I am 41 and he is 46. Could this mucus be a problem? Is it normal? Is there something wrong?
Thanks,

B. Jacobs, M. D. - December 12

Mucus is not a problem. Your eggs, the ones you still have are a mjor problem. Past the age of 40, your chance for a normal pregnancy, with you own eggs, decreases dramaticly. Please consider using an egg donor. For more indormation, I invite you to see our web site,<www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

lisnel - December 13

Thank you for your quick response. I really don't think egg donar is for me. I don't have the finances for IVF and my insurance doesn't cover it either. I don't even have a fertility clinic in my area. I would have to drive 1 1/2 to 2 hours to a clinic. I have to just keep trying on my on and hope some day soon that it will work. Thanks for your advise.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - December 13

MOst people do not have fertility clincs near their homes. Many of my patients drive a couple of hours for care. The decision is yours to make, but if you truly wish to become pregnant, do it right as soon as possible. You really do not have time to waste.
Good luck.

lisnel - December 18

Dr. Jacobs thank you for your replys. I was wondering, if I were to take clomid, what cycle days would be the best for me to take it? Just wondering if I would be better off taking it to make quantity or quality eggs. I've heard people say that taking it at different times in the cycle gives different results as to wether you produce and release more eggs or wether you produce less eggs but better quality. Which do you think would be best in my case. Also, my husband has had a varocele surgery back in June. He has two children from a previous marriage and they are 24 and 26. So I don't know if he had the varococele when he fathered them or if it is something that could have developed after that.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - December 18

I have not prescribed Clomid in about 15 years. Please see our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>, for a full discussion. You really need to see a Reproductive Endocrinologist, and, at the age of 41, you may need to use donor eggs.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?