beta was doubling /now not
8 Replies
laura - December 14

Dear Doctor,
I had a day 5 blast fresh donor tranfter. My first beta on day 14 was 285, day 18 was 1553, but the last beta on day 21 was only 2734 (it should have been over 4000). Do you think there is still a chance? We are do for another beta on day 25.
thanks Laura

B. Jacobs, M. D. - December 14

The only statistics I have are related to 48 hour interval testing. It is possible 2 embryos implanted, and started to grow. If 1 dropped out, and the other continued to grow, the hCG level should start to double in 48 hours, again.
Good luck.

laura - December 19

Dear Doctor,
We had another beta yesterday, It took 81 hours to double(instead of 48)The previous beta took 88 hours to double. So it seems the doubling time is slightly better but still not close to doubling. We were at 6 weeks yesterday and we were able to see a heartbeat(73bpm-the same as my heart rate). The nurse aslo saw some thickening which she thought might have been the other blast tring to implant (or is this hopefull thinking?). Have you ever seen this happen and still had a normal pregnacy or are we destin for a miscarrage? Precentaged would be great!
Thanks Laura

laura - December 19

Dear Doctor,
We had another beta yesterday, It took 81 hours to double(instead of 48)The previous beta took 88 hours to double. So it seems the doubling time is slightly better but still not close to doubling. We were at 6 weeks yesterday and we were able to see a heartbeat(73bpm-the same as my heart rate). The nurse aslo saw some thickening which she thought might have been the other blast tring to implant (or is this hopefull thinking?). Have you ever seen this happen and still had a normal pregnacy or are we destin for a miscarrage? Precentaged would be great!
Thanks Laura

B. Jacobs, M. D. - December 19

Based on your description, I am concerned you do not have a good pregnancy. Your RE will probably want to do furthere evaluation to make a reliable determination.
Good luck.

lenlance - December 21

i have two beta level 1st was 127 and second 485. went in today for first ob u/s and saw a very small sac and nothing else. progesterol level seem over45 and HCG is 1890. today should be 6weeks since lmp. Do you think i have any chance of success or should i proceed and have an abortion?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - December 21

At 6 weeks after your last menstrual flow, you should be able to see a fetal pole and fetal heart. I'm sorry, but it does not sound good.

laura - January 9

Dear Dr. Jacods,
To day I am 9 weeks 3 days pregnate(7 weeks 3 days from DE restreval). On my 8 week 5 days ultra sound, everthing looked good (hr 175 and body movement seen). Do you think I have a good chance of a normal pregnancy dispite my HCG levels starting out normal but at 5 and six weeks the beta's took 81 to 91 hours to double? Thank you so much!! Laura

B. Jacobs, M. D. - January 9

After about 8 to 10 weeks of pregnancy, the hCG levels do not rise as fast. If you had a fetal pole of appropriate length, and a good fetal heart rate, you are probably OK.
Congratulations!

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?