besides IVF and ICSI
3 Replies
NANCY - March 1

I was told that my eggs are to hard for my husband's sperm to penetrate. Is there anything else besides IVF and ICSI that I can do to conceive?

Barry Jacobs, M> D. - March 1

I am not aware of eggs being too hard for sperm to penetrate. We commonly see male factor problems which impair the ability of sperm to penetrate an egg. The only things which come close to being a reliable treatments for that circumstance are ICSI and donor sperm.
Good luck.

NANCY1 - March 2

I was told the my husband and I had unexplained infertility. They say all tests came back fine. I did a round of IVF and they retrieved 11 eggs. 6 of the eggs they let nature takes it's course and the other 5 they did ICSI. Out of the 6 eggs 1 fertilized and out of the 5 eggs that were ICSIed 4 made it. They said that my eggs were probably to hard for my husband's sperm to penetrate. I just went another round of IVF and ICSI last month and I had 17 eggs 10 fertilized and 9 fertilized normally. They put in 3 a 8,7,6 cell. It didn't work. So is there anything I can do besides IVF and ICSI to try while I save money to go another round of IVF that might work.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - March 2

It sounds as though you are doing all that can be done at the clinic you are using.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?