babys development
1 Replies
jen32 - June 24

Hi Dr.,
I am 15 wks pg through IVF after a 5 yr journey. As with most IVF patients, I had ultrasounds every 2 wks for the first trimester and all is good, baby appears healthy with a heart rate of 171. Now that I have been released to my regular OB they are only seeing me once a month and not doing regular ultrasounds. I understand that is normal, and I have been spoiled by all the extra care. But now, since I haven't had a "window" inside in a month almost, I am panicking that something could go wrong and I wouldn'e even know it. Is it possible for the baby to just arrest development at this stage and would there be a sign like cramping or bleeding? Does this type of thing happen?? I am not showing and haven't felt movement so for all I know, this pregnancy has arrested... Am I worrying for nothing? Thank you

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 25

Even though there is a potential to lose a pregnancy after the first trimester, you are probably "out of the woods". Even though you went through heroic efforts to achieve a pregnancy, now that it is established, it is at no greater risk than any other pregnancy.
Congratulations.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?