B/W & U/S after ectopic
1 Replies
IVFnewbie - October 13

I just experienced a recent ectopic pregnancy last month (conceived naturally). Had ectopic removed surgically on 9/1 and lost my only remaining tube in the process. So now we are doing IVF.

We were set to begin a standard long protocol on 10/21 but then my day 2 b/w and u/s came back as follows:

FSH = 1.3
E2 = 28.2
Antral follicle count = 4

I realize the FSH is abnormally low, probably due to recent pregnancy, but I can't seem to find out if follicle count could also have been impacted. I hate to think 4 follicles is a normal count for me (even though I realize I am "old" at 37) especially since I've read that this low of a count often means IVF failure.

Anyway, we have delayed IVF for 3 weeks and changed protocol to retest b/w & u/s on next day 2 and then begin microdose lupron flare protocol same day with max stimulation meds.

Any thoughts on ectopic and effect on hormones/follicle count? Is there a chance this was not my "normal" antral count?

Thanks.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 13

I do not know the hCG level when your other studies were done. If it were still elevated, it would interfere with ovarian function. However, I think your estradiol would be higher, and I would expect more antral follicles.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?