asprin 81 mg
2 Replies
Christie - November 18

Hi,

I am going with donor eggs. I am on estrogen for ten days to build my endyo lining. Should I stay off the 81 mg asprin?

I am in the Czech republic and they do not believe in asprin or prenatal vitamins. Thank goodness I brought both with me without realizing that I would be doing this here.

Please advise as I am trying to build the best enviornment to accept an embryo? pregnancy

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - November 19

Preconception, you will need 0.4 mg of folic acid (folate) supplement a day to decrease your risk of certain birth defects. Once you are pregnant, your supplement should be at least 0.8 mg per day. Prescription prenatal vitamins in the US are 1 mg per day.

There are recent reports that aspirin may increase the risk of miscarriage. For now, I have discontinued it in my practice.
Good luck.

Christie - November 19

Thank you. I will discontinue the aspirin. I am taking 1 mg per day of folate per day.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We all realize that you can not actually advise us, but, to have some feed back and an expert opinion really helps us to make better decisions for ourselves or helps us to feel better about the decisions and direction of our treatment(s).

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?