Am I pregnant
5 Replies
I hope so - February 20

I am on day 60 of my cycle. I usually have cycles ranging from 32-43 days. So on days 51 and 56 I took a HPT and both were negative. Here is what my body is doing. I have bleeding gums when I brush my teeth, frequent bathroom trips, very tender nipples... not the whole breast just the nipples. My lower abdomen is harder than usual. I am extreemly tired at all times.
So there we have it. I am just curious to know if you would think I could be pregnant. I should probably call my dr and have her examine me and if I am not pregnant then jump start AF. But I keep waiting for my period to show up, so I do not have to pay for another doctors visit (I am still trying to satisfy my deductible). What do you think?

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - February 21

If you have a negative home pregnancy test, you are probably not pregnant. You need to see a Reproductive Endocrinologist, if you are trying to become pregnant, and you need to see a dentist, or peridontist for yur bleeding gums.
Good luck.

SarahT - February 24

Hi,

I just had an IUI (my 7th) more than two weeks ago and just had a question. I had three mature follicles on a new treatment and two IUI's back to back. I have been on 200mg of progesterone and am now three days late or roughly 18 days past ovulation (which was confirmed by transvaginal ultrasound). I am wondering now if the progesterone is delaying my period or could there be a chance I'm pregnant?

Thanks,

Sarah

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - February 24

Several things you should know:

1) Yes, high doses of progesterone can delay your period.

2) If you do not become pregnant with the first 3 to 4 treatment cycles of any protocol, the protocol is not likely to produce a pregnancy.

3) Doing 2 IUI's in a cycle does not imcrease pregnancy rates when compared to a single IUI.

Good luck.

SarahT - February 25

Is 200mg of progesterone (suppositories) considered high? and you mentioned it can delay a period but can it stop it from coming all together?

Thanks

SarahT

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - February 25

vaginal progesterone at 200 mg per day may delay menses.
God luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?