All the signs of ovulation but not?
4 Replies
Katrinka - April 13

I am being monitored on a natural cycle and all seemed to be going well. Now, on day 17/4dpo, my dr says he doesn't think I ovulated?

I got a +OPK on day 12, my temp started climbing on day 14, and it has continued to climb. I am not sick, nor have I changed when or how I temp. I had fertile mucus right on schedule, my cervix was high and soft during the time my chart says I ovulated. A follicle was found on my left ovary on day 10, which measured 16.5. On day 15, it could no longer be seen.

Here are my numbers:
CD3 - FSH - 9.8, LH - 3.7, E2 - 27.52, P4 - 0.94
CD10 - FSH - 12.5, LH - 18.2, E2 - 100.54, P4 - 2.17,
Follicle - 16.5 on left ovary.
CD15 - FSH - 9.5, LH - 8.2, E2 - 103.0, P4 - 3.65
CD17 - FSH - 4.9, LH - 4.4, E2 - 112.8, P4 - 3.40

Is there any chance that I actually did ovulate, and he is wrong?

Barry Jacobsc , M. D. - April 13

There are only 2 waays to document ovulation. The obvious one is to become pregnant. The other is to use ultrasound to observe a pre-ovulatory follicle, and then, its disappearance. All of the other things you described can be suggestive, but do not prove ovulation. Among infertilie women, it is very common to go through all the hormonal changes of ovulation without rupturing the follicle to release the egg - ovulate. You will not become pregnant that way.
Good luck.

Catherine - April 14

[quote author=Barry Jacobsc , M. D. link=board=5;threadid=2225;start=0#17223 date=1144967967]
The other is to use ultrasound to observe a pre-ovulatory follicle, and then, its disappearance.
[/quote]

But that IS what happened. As I said in my first post - "A follicle was found on my left ovary on day 10 [by ultrasound], which measured 16.5. On day 15, it could no longer be seen [by ultrasound]."

So then, does that mean I did ovulate?

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - April 14

I would say you probably ovulated. My discussion was intended to address not only your issues, but also issues for others who read these questions and answers. I am not sure why you were told you did not ovulate. It sounds like you did.
Good luck.

Katrinka - April 14

Thanks so much for your answer!

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?