After transfer issues
1 Replies
nan - February 21

Dr. Jacobs,
I had 3 embryos transfered. All three were Grade 8 and two were considered advanced. I was told to go home for 24 hrs. bed rest, which I did. I was given instructions that included not to have sex or orgasms for 4-5 days. Not really a problem except (gee, this is really embarrassing), I woke up at night in the middle of having an orgasm in my sleep (I stopped as soon as I realized what was happening). This happened approx. 16 hours after the transfer. Did I ruin my chance for pregnancy? To add to all this, and also to my embarrassment, when I went to the bathroom the next day (about 26 hrs. after transfer), I was constipated. I tried not to push too hard but is it possible I pushed the embryos out and ruin chance of pregnancy? I'm too mortified to ask my doctor this so thanks in advance for any information you could give me.
PS. It's been one week now and I've felt like I've been getting my period all week although I think it is starting to settle down now a bit. I hope this is not a bad sign.

jenno - April 23

How did things end up Nan?

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?