AF's after failed cycle
1 Replies
4everhopeful - June 7

Dr Jacobs,
I was wondering if you could tell me roughly how long it can take for AF's to return to normal after a failed IVF cycle. My regular cycle is every 28 days, and after my first failed IVF, my AF arrived exactly 28 days later.
Apart from 3 days of very very light pink spotting, 13 days after AF ended (from the failure), there's been nothing since :-\ I'm on day 39 now, and I'm really bloated (really swollen abdomen), have had AF type cramps for days now, especially on the lower right side, alot of CM and hot flushes ??? I keep getting these niggling worries that the IVF treatment as brought me into premature menopause :( Is this possible?

There's no point me calling me clinic, to ask their advice- they're always on answer phone, take several days to return the call, and when they do all the IVF nurse will say is not to worry ::) :P
Many thanks,
Nat :)

Barry jacobs, M. D. - June 7

I am sorry you have so much trouble communicating with you rRE. That is unfortunate. It is difficult to know why your return of ovarian function seems to be delayed. For women who ovulate regularly, ovarian function usually resumes within 4 to 6 weeks after an IVF cycle. Stress may delay return of full function, but there may be other issues which should be investigated. Please do call your RE, and ask for an appointment to be evaluated.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?