Adenomyosis and implantation
1 Replies
RICHMONDTB - May 20

Hi Dr. Jacobs
I wanted to thank you and Dr. Smith for all your work on this wonderful board for helping all couples be better educated and informed about IVF.

I wanted to know you opinion on how adenomyosis impacts embryo implantation. How does it interfer with the embryo implanting in the endrometrium?

what other issues, other than immunological issues interfer with embryo implantation?

Are there any pre cycle tests that can be run to rule out other embryo implantation issue prior to a transfer?

Will an immunological panel that is run in the phase of a miscarriage from Ivf, will those blood levels be different than when you are not cycling. If yes, can you briefly explain? Are the values of the immunological panel run during the miscarriage more valuable, than an non miscarriage time period.
Many thanks
Brenda :)

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 20

The data I have seen imply that immunologic testing, as a routine process, prior to IVF is not cost effective. Adenomyosis may interfere with implantation, but I have seen no data indicating there is an effective treatment to deal with that issue. The test I do for "re3ceptivity" of the endometrium is an assay for an adhesion molecule (integrin). For more information, I invite you to see our web site, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?