2nd round of IUI
5 Replies
wannabemom - October 28

I am going on my 2nd round of blood and ultra sounds. I have been giving myself injections every morning with follitropin alfa injections with the gonal rff pen 75 units and I just found out that its supposed to be at night, does that make a difference? At my ultrasound the nurse indicated that my follicules were Multiple, but that it looks like they have gone from 2 days ago. What does this all mean???? Am I going to have to wait for the next cycle? Are they going to have me up my dose and start at the new cycle?? Is this cycle a failure???So many questions...I wish things could just be easier.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 28

As long as you are taking your FSH product at about the same time every day, it should not make much difference when you take it. I do not know what your nurse meant. Please ask at your clinic. You really should have some access to your RE.
Good luck.

wannabemom - October 28

Got a call that I should up my shots to 112.5, now that I already have given my injection this morning at 75 units, do I give the remainder tonite to make up for the other half I need to give myself?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 28

I cannot participate in your care. Please ask your RE or his/her designate.
Good luck.

QBB - November 2

I am about to start my 3 cycle of IUI. I am 42 (will be 43 in Dec). I dotn understand why my last cycle did not work. I was on 600 IUs of follistim per day and had 3 follicles that were 18/19 and 20 when i triggered. My DH count was 135 mill with 94% motility. What happened? Why is it not working? I start my 3rd cycle on Saturday. This is really getting to me! :'(

Q

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 2

Your chances of pregnancy at 42 are very poor. If we look at the published data from IVF, about 6% of embryos from 40 to 44 year old women implant to produce a diagnoseable pgrenancy. You will be far better served using an egg donor.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?