10 cell embryo on day 3
4 Replies
rpatel010 - November 15

hello dr. jacobs,

we just had our day 3 transfer done 2 days ago. here are the facts. This is our 2nd try on IVF.

10 eggs retrieved
8 mature, 6 fertilized thru ICSI
bit poor quality on day 2, but all growing
fair quality on day 3(dr said they improved)
1 8 cell, no fragmentation
1 9 cell, 5% fragmentation
2 10 cell, 5% fragmentation
2 11 cells, 7% fragmentation

3 transferred on day 3(8, 9 & 10 cells). what are our chances on this? wife age 26, mine 32. unexplained infertility. Is it normal to have 10 cell embryo on day 3?

your input will be very helpful.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 15

You will have to ask your question of your RE. Statistics are very program specific. An embryo which has grown to 10 cells is probably a good embryo, but genes from the sperm do not play a role in embryo growth and developement until day 3.
Good luck.

lucky - November 16

hie dr jacob
Am having my first IVF and whant to know wether its better to have embro transfer on day 3 or day 5 when they have reached the blocyst point. it will be a help,

thanks

rpatel010 - November 16

Thanks for the reply Dr. Jacobs. I feel good that the 10 cell embryo is considered a good candidate. I was also told that the cell size were bit different, means they were not quite equal. How much they play role in the embryo growth and implantation further?

We have transferred 3 on day 3 and doc said we got about 25% chance for pregnancy.

rpatel010 - November 16

We just got an update from the lab that two leftover embryos (11 & 13 cell on day 3) in dish went to morula stage and then stopped development.

What does it mean to the embryos that went inside uterus on day 3? We know that embryos that went inside uterus were better quality than the ones kept outside in dish to watch.

Please, advise.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?