Treating Infertility Naturally
ART or Not?
At least 25 percent of couples planning a baby will have difficulty conceiving. This phenomenon has increased over the past three decades and more couples are seeking answers to their fertility issues through assisted reproduction techniques (ART) than ever before.
Although ART offers great opportunities for couples to have a baby, they also require a huge commitment of time, money, energy, emotion and physical stamina. The price for failure is exacting and it often takes its toll.
Another method, in response to the growing needs for answers to fertility issues, is the natural approach which is largely multifaceted, just as infertility is often multifaceted. Whether you and your partner have chosen ART as a means of conception or if you've decided to use natural methods, the following information will be useful in terms of preparing you both for conception and pregnancy. Often, just applying these steps and including diet changes and integrative methods, a couple can bypass ART and conceive on their own.
Getting Down to Basics
First of all, it is no secret that there are pollutants that should be eliminated from your lifestyle immediately - before conception - to ensure a healthy conception and pregnancy.
· Diet - Get rid of the junk food and eat organic vegetables, fruits, meats and dairy. You'd be surprised how negatively impacted your hormonal balance can be by the foods you eat.
· Alcohol - Drinking any amount of alcohol can reduce your fertility by half, and the more you drink the lower your chances are for conception.
· Caffeine - The evidence is plentiful to support the fact that caffeine decreases fertility, especially in men.
· Environmental hazards - Pesticides, poisons and chemicals in the workplace and at home are causes of infertility in many men and women.
· Smoking - Evidence continues to support the fact that smoking affects fertility, especially male fertility, and it has been linked to miscarriage in women who smoke.
Now, let's look at what you can do to enhance your health and hormonal balance to prepare for conception. There is a large body of scientific knowledge about the use of nutritional supplements and their beneficial effects on both male and female fertility. Supplements are important because, even if you are eating the very best way possible, you will still be missing out on minerals and vitamins that enhance your chances of conception.