Top Ten Getting Pregnant Tips
When you’re having difficulty getting pregnant, trying natural fertility methods can be an excellent way to boost your fertility. Another option is to follow different at-home fertility fertility tips that can help you on your journey towards pregnancy. Read on for some excellent tips on how to get pregnant, centered around intercourse, that can help you alleviate your infertility problems.
Best Getting Pregnant Tips
The following tips can help you deal with infertility problems and help you reach your goal of getting pregnant more quickly:
- Have sex three times a week. While it’s true that timing sex around ovulation improves your chances of getting pregnant, women don’t always ovulate when they think they will. Also, by increasing the overall number of times you have sex, you’ll improve your chances of getting pregnant.
- Use an ovulation predictor kit or fertility monitor. An ovulation predictor kit records surges in your luitenizing hormones, a change which occurs prior to ovulation. Fertility kits on the other hand record changes in luitenizing hormones, as well as other hormones such as estrogen and progesterone.
- Charting isn’t the best option when planning sex. Often times, by the time a woman identifies her ovulation on a basal body temperature (bbt) chart, she will already have ovulated. Wile charting is better than picking a random night to have sex, an ovulation predictor kit or fertility kit is usually a more accurate option.
- Have enjoyable sex. Plan a romantic evening with your partner like a candlelit dinner or try giving each other sensual massages. Because infertility and infertility treatments can be extremely stressful on a relationship, sharing special intimate moments can help relieve tension, which can negatively affect your chances of getting pregnant. Some researchers also believe that having an orgasm increases the change of conception. In cases of female orgasm, the spasmic movement of the orgasm helps to guide the sperm into the uterus while a male orgasm is believed to lead to a surge in sperm count.
- Have sex before ovulation, not after. A woman has a small window of fertility each month. An egg survives for a period of 24 hours, while sperm can live for up to 3 to 5 days. Therefore, having sex 2 to 3 days before ovulation, increases the chance of getting pregnant.
- Have sex in positions that keep sperm inside the vagina for longer. Such getting pregnant positions include the missionary position; placing a pillow under the hips so as to tilt the pelvis also improves the chance of getting pregnant because it keeps sperm in the body longer. The worst getting pregnant positions are ones in which the woman is on top. Studies also suggest that lying down and relaxing after sex allows sperm to travel more easily towards the uterus.
- Don’t rely on the calendar method. Most calendars are based on a 28-day cycle, with ovulation occurring around the 14-day mark. Unless your cycle is the same, following such a method can be ineffective and reduce your chances of getting pregnant.
- See a doctor before trying to get pregnant. While this isn’t directly related to getting pregnant sex, your overall health can play an important role in your reproductive health. Untreated infections, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and poor health can affect your chances of conceiving. In addition to treating such problems, your doctor can prescribe vitamins that can boost your fertility.
- Don’t smoke, drink alcohol or do drugs. Such behavior can undermine your attempts to get pregnant, as well as affect your fertility. Plus, such behavior is extremely dangerous for the health of your unborn child should you get pregnant. Stop such destructive health habits before getting pregnant, not after.
Finally, remember that there’s no such thing as trying too hard to get pregnant. If you don’t get pregnant after a year of trying, see a fertility specialist so that you may consider infertility treatments such as infertility drugs or assisted reproductive technology (ART). Dealing with infertility can be a trying time in a woman's life.