Herbal Remedies for Fertility
If you and your partner are have difficulty conceiving, than you may be interested in looking into possible fertility treatments. There are a number of fertility treatments, including IUI and IVF that are highly effective when it comes to increasing your chances of conception. However, these treatments are very expensive and are often associated with a number of physical and emotional side effects. For this reason, more and more couples are turning to herbal remedies to help improve their fertility. Herbal remedies can work wonders for both male and female infertility, and appear to help improve your chances of conception considerably.
What are Herbal Remedies?
An herbal remedy is a type of alternative medicine that originates from plants and plant extracts. Used to heal illnesses and disease and to address psychological concerns, herbal remedies have been around for centuries, and were the precursor to modern medicine. Herbal remedies are obtained from a wide variety of natural resources including plant leaves, bark, berries, flowers, and roots. Herbal medicine remains a popular alternative throughout China and the Far East, and is growing in popularity throughout the United States.
How Can Herbal Remedies Help Fertility?
Herbal remedies have long been used to address problems with fertility. In fact, evidence of the use of herbal remedies for female and male fertility dates all the way back to 200 A.D. These fertility herbal remedies are made out of special plants and plant extracts believed to have a positive effect on the reproductive organs, hormonal system, and sex drive. They are taken by men and women who wish to increase their chances of conception, as well as by couples that are facing fertility difficulties. Herbal remedies for fertility can help to address such fertility problems as:
- hormonal imbalance
- irregular menstruation
- erectile dysfunction
- sperm motility problems
Popular Herbal Remedies for Fertility
If you are considering taking herbal remedies for your fertility issues, here are a few popular choices to begin with:
Female Fertility Remedies:
There are a variety of different herbal remedies available to help increase female fertility levels. Common herbs for female fertility include:
- Red Clover: Red clover is one of the most popular fertility remedies. High in vitamins, calcium, and magnesium, red clover helps to nourish the uterus and relax the nervous system, enabling conception. It is taken as a tea, daily.
- Raspberry Leaf: Raspberry leaf is high in calcium and therefore works to restore hormonal balance. It is excellent when taken alongside red clover.
- Lady’s Mantle: This herb assists in building up the uterine lining and regulating menstruation. It is meant to be drunk as a tincture, once a day.
- False Unicorn Root: False unicorn root not only restores hormonal balance in women, but it also helps to stimulate the ovaries and encourage ovulation.
- Stinging Nettle: Stinging nettle contains high levels of chlorophyll and minerals, which helps to regulate the body’s hormones as well as ovulation and menstruation. It is taken as a tea once daily.