IVF anyone?
2699 Replies
Arabsrcool - November 26

Marina,

HURRAY!!!!! Twins!!. Congrats. I am so happy for you!. I am so glad you kept trying. Sorry the doc's office sounds impersonable, but it WORKED!!!!!

Lisa,

Your boys are so cute! I see you got their picture posted on the ticker. Don't sweat the milk supply issue. If you don't have enough, supplement with formula and know that you gave them breast milk and the best start possible.

Lilli,

Sorry to hear about your sick little one. It is so hard when they are so sick and there is not alot you can do for them, other than hold them.

Ronda

Meg - November 27

Lilli,
We conceived our twins through IVF. I did have a natural p/g after our twins, but that was after trying for a year exactly. We began trying for our third when our twins were only 6 months old. My logic was that it took almost three years to have the twins, so I wanted to try right away for the third. I am the total veteran here, as our twins will be 5 soon, and our youngest will be 3. We have been throwing caution to the wind so to speak lately and seeing what happens, as I would like to have one more child. I truly don't think it will happen as my husband has pretty bad sperm. I feel if it is meant to be it will be. I have put this in God's hands. I will not do the infertility thing again, b/c it is A LOT of money, and we have three children. I just would like to do it one more time. Crazy I know....

Marina, You really will be fine carrying twins. There are many small framed people who carry twins and make it to term. Having twins is indeed hectic, but such a blessing as well. I truly couldn't imagine my life any other way.

Lisa, Hang in there ;)

Take Care,
Megan

RB - November 27

Hi girls,

Sorry i havent been around for a while...i have no idea where the last 6 weeks went!!! the adjustment to motherhood took more out of me than i imagined it would. in fact i lost a whole 20lbs...whoo hoo :)

Zara is doing really well...she is not a very fussy baby and only cries when she is hungry, has a dirty diaper or if her tummy hurts.

I havent been able to catch up on all the posts but from what i've gathered lots of congratulations are in order.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Ronda, finally your baby girl arrived! I hope all went well and you and baby Cara are enjoying getting to know each other.

Lisa, i am so glad you have your boys home at last! I'm not sure how long they've been home and i'm anxious to hear all about their homecoming and how you are doing.

Marina, TWINS!!!! wow...congrats honey!!! I am so happy for you.

Jen...triple congrats on the arrival of your little trio.

RB - November 27

ok...i wasnt finished but apparently hit post by mistake...must be the lack of sleep.

Lyly, how are you doing? I hope we get a chance to chat soon.

Jules, hope you get better soon and i love the pic of your two girls! they are gorgeous!!!

Debbie...your little girl is so beautiful!!!

to all you other girls who are preggers, trying or enjoing motherhood, my best wishes to all of you.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING my friends.....we have so much to give thanks for this year :).

lots of love,
Reshma

lyly14 - November 27

Hi girls Happy Thanksgiving to those of you celebrating! I am absolutely loving all these tickers with the mini pic attached. It is great to see all your little ones.

Reshma- I am so glad to hear Zara is doing well. You had such a rough pregnancy, you deserve happiness and joy with your little one. I am hanging in there. I will be 9 weeks pg tomorrow. I just can't believe it. I am praying for a healthy baby and pregnancy. I am still nervous and wish I could have an u/s every week just to check in on my little one and make sure it's heart is still beating! I know that I am doing everything I can to give this pregnancy a shot so that makes me feel better. I try to remind myself that the other times I had a m/c I wasn't on extra folic acid or lovenox. I just hope those things help my baby to stay healthy. ok enough of my worries.

jenfrancis - November 27

Lyly - It is so natural for you to worry, I agree, especially given what all of us on this panel have been thru! But I saw a sign that said worrying is a sin because the Lord said "Trust in ME". So try not to stress and worry, that is not good for you or the baby! The medicine will help, those are the professionals.

Marina - I am so happy for you! It will all work out! No matter what gender, I am here to tell you it is wonderful!

I would not want it any other way! These girls are gorgeous! I love them, and watching them sleep I have come to know is not a wasted trip to the NICU, I sit there and watch them.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Jules614 - November 27

Lyly - happy thanksgiving to you too. How are you feeling future Momma!

Julie

RB - November 28

Lyly,

its only natural that you would worry. I know i did...from u/s to u/s. Just try not to get stressed out though. Take care of yourself, follow your doctor's orders and pray and all should be well in the end. i am soooo happy and excited for you and Marina.

Reshma

Marina - November 28

Hi guys and happy holidays to everybody!
I'm very thanfull for the miracle God gave us so far,and just have to follow what Jen mentioned-just trustGod that he knows what he is doing and won't give us more then we can handle!
Guys,I love your little pictures too!
Jen-I'm glad you are loving your little gang(even they are all girls!),lol
Reshma-glad you are busy happy mom.Are you brestfeeding?

vw79girl - November 28

Today...
We are so thankful for our little miracles! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving today and enjoyed our friends and family so much. Benjamin and Paul were very good. Slept most of the day and looked so cute in their little Thanksgiving outfits! I can't believe they are finally home and am so thankful we were able to have a special first Thanksgiving with them.

Hope you all had a wonderful day!

lyly14 - November 29

Well girls I was told to stop my estrace today. I guess that is good. I am still on everything else, but the only other thing to stop is my progesterone. Can't wait to see the high risk ob next week and get a peek at my little one on u/s.

Lisa- I love the thanksgiving outfits for the boys! How cute is that I'm stuffed shirt?!? The boys are both adorable. They have come such a long way so far. You can barely tell they were preemies they have gotten so big. I am so happy you had such a special Thanksgiving this year. You will have so many joyful memories of the boys this thanksgiving and many to come!

Hope all the other new arrivals are doing well and momma's too.

JasJulesMom - November 30

HI everyone,

Sorry it has been a while. I am so busy with the three kids. I also cooked Thanksgiving dinner for family, so I am exhausted.

All the babies are so beautiful.

Lisa- So glad you had everyone home for the holiday. The boys are beautiful. How are you feeling?

Reshema and Ronda- The girls are so cute. Are you guys sleeping at all? How much are they eating and how much do they weigh?

Lyly- How are you feeling? M/s a problem?

Marina- Congrats on the twins!!!

Julie- Thanks for the thanksgiving email. They girls are so pretty.

Jamie- Any news on the gender of your baby yet? How do you feel?

jamielee - November 30

Hi Ladies, First I would like to say congrats to all the new mom's!! Beautiful babies!! Jen the triplets are so precious you are one lucky lady!!

I know we have alot of professional IVF'ers in this forum so I have a question for those with frozen embies. I had 2 IVF's first failed had 3 frozen, did another fresh cycle 3 months later(to have better chances with better quality) and have 4 frozen from that. I was under the impression the embies "rent" would be for all, but I am being charged 150 then another 150 3 months later? Just curious if anyone was able to store them together before I call Monday?
Thanks!
Jamie

JamieP - November 30

My understanding is that they are stored in separate straws. But you need to find out how they are charging you. Is it by straw or embryo or what? Then I guess you need to work out what you are going to do with them???? Decisions decisions.

Jamie

Meg - November 30

Jaimelee,
We pay 105 every 3 months or every quarter for storage. They usually raise the price every year for storage. I think you are probably paying $150 every quarter for the storage. Our storage is relatively inexpensive compared to some people I know.

Meg

Marina - November 30

Jaimelee,this is an interesting quiestion.My clinic won't let me do the fresh before we used frozen from the previous cycle.But if yours did,logicaly you have to pay one fee for ALL your embryos,not separate, for each time.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?