IVF anyone?
2699 Replies
jenfrancis - November 4

hey ladies, i finally have good internet at home. I have to go up stairs to get to it, tho. I am doing fine.

I feel big as a house. I will try to post pics to my spaces acct. Hubby is in Nebraska for conferences this whole week, so i have to take it easy, I dont want to have them while he is gone.

I go see the doc on Thursday. Last ultrasound I was told A was 2.12, B was 2.13 and C weighed 3.3.

I have given up the diabetic diet and I eat what I please. Any and everything.

My mom and sis have tickets for Dec 10-15, but reading Lisa's posts have me scared they will be in the NICU for a long while and their visit will be wasted!

I still only have two car seats and maybe only about a month worth of diapers. I wont be having a shower, so depending on myself and husband for providing everything will be hard, specially since I have not really worked for a while.

I am less miserable than before, probably since I accepted that they are all girls. I set up my one crib. I put the linens in it, and getting the room ready.

Well let me go, LYLY hang in there! I am sure you will be in the 4-6000 range!! Take it easy!!!

JamieP - November 4

Jen you are doing great! Don't worry about NICU - if you can make it to 35 weeks which is only 3 weeks away then they might not even need to go into NICU. They still sound pretty little so I am guessing they will want you to wait as long as possible. You are doing great though. And don't worry about stuff for the babies. My friend says all you need is a draw (for them to sleep in) and a singlet (for them to wear). Seriously you hardly need anything for the first 6 months. They will share a crib for a while. All you really need is another car seat and a few PJs for them to wear. I use cloth diapers - way cheaper then regular ones and not nearly as hard to manage (wash etc) as you would think and I think way better for the baby - disposable diapers are unregulated and they can put anything they like in those things. Anyway, don't stress about not having stuff because firstly you hardly need anything and secondly people will give you loads when the baby arrives. Good luck the next couple of weeks.

Lyly hang in there not long to go now. This waiting game sucks!

Jamie

jenfrancis - November 4

Thanks Jamie! I guess you are right. I have a few cloth diapers. Maybe I will go on and buy myself some more.

I hope all the ladies on the panel are doing great. I am going back to bed now. Take care!

mo - November 4

Writing to say Hello to all the ladies! I think of you all often. Marina, I hope all is well! I am now 4months preggos! nothing is showing. I still fit in my clothes...Hope all is well with you all!

Best,
Mo

Goofy5796 - November 4

Lisa- that is great the boys will be home soon!! You must both be so excited!! I love the pics you post on your webiste! they are absolutely adorable and growing so quickly!! Good work mom :)

Marina - November 4

[quote author=mo link=board=12;threadid=5034;start=2505#55108 date=1225806544]
Writing to say Hello to all the ladies! I think of you all often. Marina, I hope all is well! I am now 4months preggos! nothing is showing. I still fit in my clothes...Hope all is well with you all!

Best,
Mo
[/quote]

Mo,dear,I'm very glad to hear you are preggo and doing fine :).I hope you'll stay in touch and won't disappear again!
AFM, I had my transfer yesterday,hope this time I get better news.

Lisa,glad you get to take your little ones home soon.
Jen,you are such a hero,hang on there girl
Jamie,gosh,where did time go-you are already 16 weeks!

jenfrancis - November 4

Marina -
I pray you get better news this time as well! Like Lyly maybe this is your shot. Maybe finally this is your turn!

God Bless.

lili246 - November 4

Jen,
I am glad that you are doing good. Wow so they weight about 7 lbs for the 3 of them right. Well you sure are getting close to delivering them which the girls are right you might not have to worry about them being in the NICU, by the time you deliver them they will be weighing more. Good luck and try to take t easy.

Have a great day

vw79girl - November 4

Busy day for all the girls on this board. Lili and GoofyI am so glad you like the pics!!! thank you for looking :) I will start a brand new album when they come home from the NICU.

Jen, wow, you are doing great girl. Just hang in there and honestly, you may only have them in the NICU for a couple of weeks tops. Maybe not at all. I was so small except for the huge belly and my body just couldn't house them anymore. I have seen people be in and out of there in a week or two or three tops! :) also Jen, after they are discharged from the hosptial, you can copy discharge papers minus anything like ss #'s etc. and get free diapers for multiples, formula too. I am working on that soon. www.pampers.com & www.huggiesbabynetwork.com

www.gerbe
r.com

www.similac.com

The
boys have had all of their first immunization shots and are recuperating fine from them. We have an Infant CPR class at the NICU at 4 today and then hubby and I are going out to dinner tonight and spending some much needed time with one another. I think we are sleeping there Friday night in preparation to them coming home soon!

Lyly, I hope your numbers tomorrow are fabulous!

Marina, praying for you!

Good Luck Mo.

Meg - November 4

Lisa,
I am so glad to hear that the boys will be coming home before the holidays! That is terrific. It is the absolute BEST gift that you could receive :) I am so happy for you. It has been a long journey, now the fun shall commence ;) I will continue to keep the you and the boys in my prayers. Having twins is so much fun!!

Julie,
Yes, I am truly blessed. There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for our children. There was a time that I thought that I may never have one child to having three in 2 years. Life is crazy and hectic most of the time, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Your daughters looked very cute in their Halloween costumes. Your baby girl is always smiling!!! What blessings you have as well :)

Lyly and Marina still praying for you both :)

Thinking of all you :)
Meg

jenfrancis - November 4

[quote author=lili246 link=board=12;threadid=5034;start=2505#55138 date=1225825556]
Jen,
I am glad that you are doing good. Wow so they weight about 7 lbs for the 3 of them right. Well you sure are getting close to delivering them which the girls are right you might not have to worry about them being in the NICU, by the time you deliver them they will be weighing more. Good luck and try to take t easy.

Have a great day

[/quote]

No, they are about 3.5 each, for the three of them, so that is almost 11 lbs for the 3 of them. I think if I can go two more weeks, they should be able to suck and eat on their own, so hopefully I can make it that long!

lili246 - November 4

Wow Jen that is alot of lbs I am sorry poor Jen I know it must be uncomfortable having to hang on there until they are ready to come. You sure are doing great and hopefully everything will be easier once they are out. I cant imagine how you can carry 11lbs you sure are a strong women. Keep it up and good luck.

Lisa,
That is great you sure need some time together with dh because once the twins are home it will be hard. Enjoy you time together and where will you be spending the night on friday?
Do you know when they will be coming home?
I am so glad for you and them :)

Love ya

Jade - November 4

Jen and Lisa~ IF you haven't already, I would recommend joining a Mother of Twins/Multiples Club. It is a national group and it has been a complete life saver for me. I have joined a playgroup with babies around the same age as mine and I get to talk with mothers that go through the same issues and see what is normal. It is sometimes hard to compare twins (especially premies) with singletons. They also have thrift sales where you can buy practically everything from clothes, high chairs, toys etc. And they have monthly meetings with special guests speakers on topics of interest like special needs, picky eaters, etc.....And just so you know some places like toys r us and other stores offer discounts to Mothers of twins on carseats and other large purchases.

Lyly~ Can't wait to hear your numbers tomorrow. I will be praying for large #'s and m/s for you soon.

Lili~ Hi girl! Are you having a birthday party for Angel for his birthday? It is right around the corner.

AFM, I have been shopping for Christmas outfits for the twins. We are having their picture taken after thanksgiving. It is so easy finding cute girl clothes, but I find it hard to find something cute for boys.

jenfrancis - November 5

lili - so kind to say those things. I am not very strong, just forced to hang in there. :) No really, I lay in bed 99% of the time. Its very hard to walk, I find it hard to lift my legs very far. My husband has been looking for a bed pan. How embarrassing. But I have a home uterine monitor, and my dr wont admit me to the hospital until she thinks its time.

Its especially hard with hubby out of town again and dd in school all day. I am alone and have to get up to prepare my own food.

He will be home Friday. But even then its no help, because he is at work all day and does not get home until 730-8 pm daily.

I am just stuck and have no other choice. it does no good to complain.

Jade - about the mothers of multiples, yes, I looked into it, its $25 a year member ship, but I dont have a need right now. I doubt I will take all three to a play date, as I can not imagine getting them all three ready alone to leave the house. I wont be going anywhere for a while.

Lisa - glad you can have some Q.T. with hubby. Are you all healed? Hope so, so you can maximize this time ALONE!!! But I am so happy for you that the boys will be coming home. THats when the sleepless nights and rippen and runnen will really kick in.

Lyly- I will make the trip up these stairs tomorrow to see your results, seems like the numbers are going up nicely. YOU SO DESERVE THIS!! Based on the numbers the first time tho, may be one.

lili246 - November 5

Jade,
Nice to hear that you are shopping for christmas outfits they are so cute and you are right trying to find something for the boys is hard where you see all cute things for girls. I really need a girl..lol
Well yes I am planning to celebrate Angels 1st birthday, it won't be nothing big since it is in the winter and gets dark fast it will be most like a family thing. So that should be nice. Sinc ehis birthday is on a wednesday I will celebrate it the weekend after that. I need to get prepared because even tho it will be something small it always turns out to be something big..lol

Meg - November 5

Jen,
I agree w/ Jade about joining a multiples club. It has been a great resource for me. As well as now that I am a "seasoned" twin mom I now find that I am able to give other new moms help from my experience w/ my twins. I met one of my closest friends from our local club as well. It is something to consider, even if you don't think you will participate, other MOMs are always willing to give help. And the sales are great ways to get things for you multiples at great prices. You are doing a GREAT job keeping those babies cooking :) I know it is hard, but it will be worth it in the end.

Jade,
If you want matching B/G twin outfits, Unlimited Additions on the internet has beautiful clothing. It is very traditional clothing, but they usually have a great holiday selection. I always coordinated our twins, and actually still do.

Take Care,
Meg

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Ask a Question