IVF anyone?
2699 Replies
vw79girl - September 28

Thanks so much Meg! I know what you mean about having a lot of NICU pics lol. I think I will most likely scrap the scrapbooking as I don't have a lot of time to get too involved. The books I have done in the past are amazing and so much fun to look at but I think I can still do a great job with a slip in album that has room for journaling. I can also add stickers etc. :) I may scrapbook a few pages here and there at some point but with going back to school and caring for two when they do come home, I doubt I will have the time. It is nice to hear from someone who has been through the same thing and know that your children are doing just fine. thank you :)

Debbie, Don't worry about the C section honey. I can honestly tell you that it really wasn't too bad at all. After a week, I felt pretty much back to normal. Just tired and headachy from the Epi. My headaches lasted for a few days but then I was fine. Tylenol or Advil helped with any pain from the incision. She will be here before you know it and she will be beautiful. Enjoy any sleep you can get now girl!

JasJulesMom - September 28

Thanks Lisa. i do not know why I am so panicked since this will be baby and c section number 3. I guess since we tried so long, and had so many issues, I just always feel a bit uneasy. I just want to hold her and love her and worry about other things...lol

JasJulesMom - September 28

Lisa I just looked at the new pitures of Ben's bath. Sooooooooooo cute!!!

Jules614 - September 28

Hey guys - sorry I have not written - Samantha is home from daycare mostly sine I can't afford it anymore due to being laid off. So between constantly feeding a baby (hubby can't help since I breast feed) keeping the house up and not getting any sleep - I have fallen way behind on e-mail. Please know I have been thinking of each of you.

Julie

vw79girl - September 28

No worries Jules, I totally know where you are coming from with trying to keep up with everything. Mine aren't even home and I don't have a free minute with all of the pumping and running back and forth.

Debbie~ glad you liked Ben's pics. Paul had his first bath by us last night. It is so cute how comfy they get after the baths. They settle right in.

This is my last week off from school and then I go back next Mon. until one of them is ready to come home. I am really hoping that happens by the end of Oct./early Nov. so I only have to be in school for @ 5 weeks or so.

The boys received a bunch of gifts today. People never cease to amaze me. They are so blessed with generosity.

The restaurant I work at part time is having a shower for me tomorrow. I can't imagine what they could have got me, I feel like they have EVERYTHING already.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. :)

Jules614 - September 29

Lisa - enjoy your shower!

Julie

jamielee - September 29

Hi Lisa, Wow, I just read your posts about your twin boys!! I remember chatting with you a while back, Congrats!! I never read the posts here anymore, I just check on a few boards to see how everyone is doing (soon you will know why) My life is craaaazzyy!! with the twins! they are almost a year and let me tell you its never boring! I think I have grown immune to coffee!! but I have so much fun with them! Just wait until they come home, what a blessing!

Keep pumping!! I pumped and bottle fed my boys until they were 7 months, Its difficult when they are home because I had to pump every 3 hours to keep a good supply but its so worth it!! For the babies and your wallet! After I stopped breastfeeding we spent $25 every 2 or 3 days for formula!

Jamie

JasJulesMom - September 29

Lisa- Have fun with your shower. You deserve it!!

How many times a day do you pump? Are you renting a pump or did you purchase one? I really want to pump and bottle feed, but I am a bit nervous.

lili246 - September 29

Lisa,
wow thos lil ones have so much luck, it sure sounds like they have everything but glad that you have extra things they are always useful.
that is nice that you are going back to work it will make time goes by faster and then once you realize it the boys will be home. So you think one will come sooner that the other?
I will go and see the pictures you have posted.

have a great day

vw79girl - September 30

Girls...wow, I am so blessed with so many thoughtful people in my life...including all of you. :) My shower was wonderful. They collected enough money to finish off my registry minus about 3 items, gave the boys each a $25 bond, and got me two Hospital sized boxes of Diapers, size O and 1. The items were clothes of all kinds, the rest of my bottle feeding accessories, two organic stuffed animals and all kinds of other little things. Individuals also gave gift cards, more clothes and books.
Once I get our dining room table cleared off and bring the stuff up to the nursery, that table is covered again. They are two lucky little boys.
The food at the shower was amazing...yes girls I still eat like a piggy these days. It is what breast feeding does to you. :) I feel like I am hungry all the time still.

Debbie, I pump 7x a day and have been putting out 500-600 ML which isn't bad. I do a hundred or more most times when I pump. I am borrowing two pumps from the hospital. One is the Medela Symphony and the other is the Lactina. They supply all of the bottles at the hospital. I purchased the Pump n Style by Medela and they said I will use that once they come home. Pumping/nursing is a lot of work but so good for them and great for us in taking off that weight! Don't be nervous. :)
I am off to bed.
Paul took a bottle(only a small amt. but still a bottle) for the first time
and Benjamin is off of any help to breathe!

Goofy5796 - September 30

Lisa that is great about the boys! They are absolutely precious! I read your blog and look at the pictures :)
Glad you got all the stuff on your registry! You will never have enough diapers! :)

JasJulesMom - September 30

Lisa- i am so glad the boys continue to do great and it definitely sounds like you have enough stuff. I guess I will be nervous about everything until I get into a routine. i hope to pump enough to sustain with breast milk for at least 6 months. Wish me luck!!

Jules614 - September 30

Lias - sounsd like a great shower! You are blessed with great friends and family - also your boys seem to be doing very well. Sorry I missed your call. I didn't even know I had a message waiting until hours later!

Julie

lili246 - September 30

Lisa,
Your boys are just so precious they are doing great and I am happy for them.
How log are they? are have always been curious how long they were when they were born. I have heard from a friend that her boy was about the size of a pen when he was born could that be right? I can't believe it..

vw79girl - October 1

Debbie, I plan to pump for 6 months as well. With two, I will have to supplement with formula soon as they are eating lots and I can't keep up with them lol. I know what you mean about a routine though. I am such a schedule/routine girl.

Jules, no worries, we will catch up :)

Goofy, tell me about it on the diapers. With two of them I will go through a ton!

Lili, some days I think Ben will be home before Paul and others, I think it will be the other way around lol.

My crazy cat is playing with a ball and he puts it in his mouth and jumps into this giant diaper bag I have in the nursery. Clearly he is being neglected and needs attention. :)

Jules614 - October 1

Lisa - My crazy cat threw up 4 times today! grrrrrrrr

It's after 1 a.m. and Kaitlyn is still awake! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Julie

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?