IVF anyone?
2699 Replies
JasJulesMom - September 15

Hope you have a great birthday tomorrow Lisa. Hope the boys are well!!!

Four more days of work, Ya Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Jules614 - September 15

Lisa - Have a great bday! Sorry I miss you online. Mom in law is here and it is hard being online. She leaves Wednesday so I will be back 8)

JasJulesMom - You said 4 more days of work - do you mean until the weekend? When is your last day of work before maternity leave?

Lili - I feel like I don't have enough milk for Kaitlyn - all she does is eat. I don't know if there is anything I can do to increase my milk supply. Any suggestions?

Ronda - Sorry to hear about your discomfort. Samantha was on my sciatica so i know about back pain. I kept telling myself to focus on the end result. I have myself on video saying that in labor 3 weeks ago! I was in so much discomfort and I kept saying, "Kaitlyn I love you - focus on the prize 8)"

Jamie - What is your scan for? Kaitlyn is a decent sleeper. I get up every 2 1/2 - 3 hours during the night. She eats A LOT!

Julie

JamieP - September 16

My scan is just for my peace of mind.

Julie I know there are some things you can do to improve the quality of your milk. My midwife had me doing a lot of thing like drinking non alcoholic beer, eating full fat dairy (including ice cream), eating lots of raw nuts all which are supposed to help except cashews. So I would speak to your midwife or care provider and see what they say. I don't know if there is anything you can do to increase the supply. Are you drinking loads of water?

Jamie

JasJulesMom - September 16

Julies- I have 4 days left until maternity leave. I hope I have some good luck with my milk when baby is born. I plan on pumping and bottle feeding.

Jules614 - September 16

Jamie - I meant what is the scan for? Do you mean ultra sound? Peace of mind for what?

JasJulesMom - I will call my Ob and ask them about my milk.

Thanks,
Julie

JamieP - September 16

Yeah just an ultrasound for me to know things are progressing as they should.

Jamie

RB - September 16

Hi girls,

Sorry i've been quiet for the last week or so...dh was very ill and gave me quite a scare. He is much better thank God and i am so relieved that he is up and about again. I can't imagine not having him around...its too frightening to even think about.

Lisa...Have a happy b'day hon!!! I'm glad to hear the boys are doing well and hopefully you will get to bring them home sooner rather than later. I can only imagine what an emotional roller coaster this must be for you. You, Greg and the boys are always in my thoughts. Hopefully we can catch up soon.

Debbie...Oct 22nd wow!!! that's just a little over a month away! How are you feeling?

Jamie...i understand how you feel. You'll be able to breathe a little easier in just a few more weeks.

Ronda, i hope you are feeling better. I can so relate to how you are feeling riht now. my allergies have flared up again - my eyes are itchy and watery, my head is stuffy and aching and my nose is dripping like a leaky tap. Not to mention that when i sneeze i feel like i could sneeze this child right out of me! This is on top of the preganancy related discomfrts which i've been feeling recently....lower abdominal pressure and pain, lower back pains because she seems to be resting against the sciatic nerves on both sides...some times i feel like i am paralysed with pain. I've also been getting Braxton Hicks...some painful. I have to get up 2-3 times a night to use the bathroom and during the day i feel as though every 5 minutes i need to pee! I hate to sound like i'm complaining because i am so grateful for my little angel - i guess i'm just not having a very good day as i didnt sleep much last night.

Ronda, you asked why i was doing a C-Section....well, i dont actually have to, its by choice. we decided to do the C-section in consultation with my OB primarily because of the complications i had early on. i would rather have it scheduled than have to do an emergency C-section. i guess i'm just a little paranoid.

Reshma

Arabsrcool - September 16

Reshema,

Glad to hear dh is doing better. Its scary when they get really sick.

Don't blame you on c-section......plus its nice to know when you are going to have her. I totally can relate to how you are feeling. I don't want to complain either because this child is a miracle, but darn, the last part of the pregnancy is not a lot of fun! I didn't sleep much last night either, my dd woke up at 3 am and never went back to sleep, which means neither did I.

Lisa,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! How are the boys doing?

Debbie,

wow, a month before delivery. I think I would like going to your doc! Not that I think you are having alot of fun at this stage of the pregnancy however. I have to work as long as I am able. My employer is a ##*(**** !!!!about maternity leave. Its not actually maternity leave, you have to take any paid time you have first, but they also make you start Family leave at the same time (max time off 12 weeks, including any paid time) So its not like you can take your vacation/sick days, then take 12 weeks of family leave (unpaid). That just burns my butt, they can dictate how you have to take your time.....but then I remember at least I have a job, so I should stop complaining! I'm thinking I will be able to take a total of 8 maybe 9 weeks off, then have to go back to work. So I don't want the doc to put me off early, as my time would start then and I would have less time home with the baby.

Ronda

vw79girl - September 17

Girls.......
Thank you for all of the birthday wishes :)
I had a wonderful day with my little guys. I got to the hospital around 11 and stayed until 4:30. I brought cupcakes and whoopie pies for the nurses who take such good care of my little honey pies. They had made me a birthday card from the boys with a picture of each of them in it. It was a relaxing day. I didn't disrupt them too much as they were both resting comfortably. I sat in a chair inbetween them and read and peeked in on them often. Had lunch there and pumped milk as well. I always get a hefty amount after I have been with them or when I am in the same room as them. I held Benjamin this evening. It felt so good to Kangaroo him. :) They are really making progress considering they are only 31 weeks. It really is a rollercoaster. Some days I am okay but most I just cry for a few minutes at a time at the thought of them being there even a day past my due date. I cry because I miss them so much and hate to leave them every night. They can't give us a definite day they will come home, it all depends on their progress. I love them more and more every day.

Jules, there is a med. called Reglan or Reglin to help increase milk supply. See what you can find out about it.
I will most likely have to supplement with formula as feeding two may be tough. The lactation consultant said that some milk is always better than none and that I am doing well and to not be too hard on myself.

Ronda...hang in there. I can't tell you how uncomfortable I was feeling just before they decided to come into the world. Thank you for always thinking of me and the boys.

Reshma, so good to see you are doing okay. I hope Derek doesn't give you any more scares. Miss our chats. I think of you often.

Lili, you know exactly what I wished for today. :)

Lyl, thanks for the birthday text. I tried to catch you on MSN but didn't see you there at all. another night hopefully.

Debbie...only 3 more days of work for you!

lili246 - September 17

Julie,
I had no luck aswell and didn't have enough milk for my kids so I just breastfeed 2 months the first child and 1 month the second I felt bad but I just don't carry alot of milk.
I really don't have any suggestions the doctor said to drink lots of water...

Lisa,
Sounds like you had a great day around the boys that is great. It is really depressing seeing your boys there. I know your feeling because with my first child after he was born he had jandice and had to stay in the hospital for 3 days but I felt terrible and would cry all the time. Hang in there and once you notice they will be home with you. Be positive.

Jasjules,
Hey girl wow all ready for maternity leave how exciting OMG I remember when I was all excited for maternity leave and look 9 months after or alittle more can't believe time goes by so fast it is sad.
have fun and enjoy it :)

Have a great day!

Meg - September 17

Hi Ladies,

I read your thread and thought I would post a couple of things that may or may not be helpful to some of the girls.

Lisa,
First off Congratulations on the birth of your twins! Our twins came early at exactly 32 wks. and spent 32 days in the NICU. They were there to "feed and grow", but none the less it was still hard having them there and especially over the Xmas holiday. I don't know if you have done this since you pump, but it was suggested to me to put a picture of the twins on the pump, so your body would respond to the picture. I never did it, b/c my body responded to the pump. I also rented hospital grade pump and was able to empty both out in under 15 minutes. I would begin to leak when I would see the pump! Crazy I know. Also if you are in a multiples club, you may also want to look to them for support for your preemies. I know our club gives a lot of support to the Moms of premature babies, since so many multiples are born early. We also bring dinners to all new moms. You may want to see if this is something they do and take advantage, as when your babies come home feeding you and your dh will be secondary to taking care of the babies!! Best of luck to you and your boys are in my thoughts and prayers. I am a little far away from baby twins, as my "babies will be 5 in Dec., but I still remember so much as if it were yesterday.

Jaime,

I wanted to also let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am assuming that you had a premature baby in the past b/c of your posts. You may want to inquire about receiving progesterone shots in your p/g from week 24 to wk. 36. It is supposed to help prevent prematurity. I know someone for whom it actually worked. I also did them for my singleton p/g as a precaution, since I had premature twins. Just thought I would mention it.

Good luck to the rest of the girls on this post. Enjoy you little miracle bundles :)

Take Care,
Meg

Jules614 - September 18

Reshma - What was wrong with DH? I am glad he is OK now.

Ronda - That stinks about your maternity leave.

Lisa - I was out with my friend tonight (her 30th bday today) funny you have the same bday too - she is the one that had her baby at 30 weeks as well. that was nice of you to bring the nurses food on your bday! Typical Lisa - food on the brain - ha ha ha,

Lili - Sorry to hear you didn't have much luck with the breast feeding either. I may be following your foot steps this time.

Meg - Thanks for posting!

Things are OK here. I pumped today for the first time in weeks. Kaitlyn is doing very well. She is very alert and always hungry 8) Her face is filling out. Kaitlyn takes a pacifier which is a life saver. Samantha never did.

Julie

vw79girl - September 18

Girlsssssssssssssss....
I got to hold both of my boys at the same time tonight for nearly two hours. I kangarooed both of them and it was AMAZING. How cool it was to see them both together. Got a couple of great pics too! Posted two of them on our website.
I am off to bed. Just pumped a good supply of milk. Must've been them being so close to me. I let down pretty well.
I'll write more tomorrow. :) :)

and Jules...of course you know me~ food on the brain always!
Meg and Lili thank you for your input and for the support. Although this is so difficult, I feel like they are making excellent progress every day.

Ben is up to 3 lbs. 6 oz
and Paul is 2 lbs. 10 oz.
The head nurse for the evening who oversees them said she sees no reason why they won't be ready even before my due date to come home. Possibly 37 or 38 weeks. That is 5 or 6 weeks from now!

goodnight my friends ;)

RB - September 18

Julie...Dh had a really bad cold which turned into a lung infection. He was quite ill and actually fainted one day and had me in a panic.

Lisa, i'm so glad you got to spend time with both your boys for your birhday. if they get to come home around 38 weeks, that will probably be around the same time that I will have my C-section...maybe we'll get to bring our babies home together after all!

Lili - belated welcome to our little group and thanks for sharing your expereinces with us!

Meg - welcome and please feel free to share and give advice...i think we all lap it up. i certainly do being a novice at this.

Debbie...one more day to go before you go on maternity...whoo hoo!!! how are you feeling these days?

Ronda...i'm feeling much better...i was able to sleep last night and could you believe i didnt event get up to go to the bathroom!?

Jaime...when is your next u/s again?

Marina, Lyly, Tanya...i continue to wish you lots of sticky baby dust..hope you are all ok.

Love to all,
Reshma

RB - September 18

Girls,

I forgot to mention, my C-section will most likely be on Nov 4th!!! that's just about 48 days to go :)

Reshma

RB - September 18

Jen,

I forgot you honey...my bad. How are you coping with the bedrest and everything else? Have you had another u/s yet to confirm whther its really 3 girls in there?

Reshma

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?