IVF anyone?
2699 Replies
Jules614 - August 18

No labor signs 8(

Julie

JasJulesMom - August 18

Hang in there Julie. I know how you feel. I was 40 weeks and 2 days pregnant with dd and not even dialated, so you are ahead of the game. When will they induce?

Jules614 - August 18

Not sure when they will induce. Will know more Wednesday.

Julie

JamieP - August 19

Hi Everyone,
I have been moving house so have not had access to the internet but everything is kind of back to normal now and the internet is up and running. I moved away from my clinic so I could not go there for my beta so here is what happened . . .

I did a hpt 3 days before my beta day and it was -ve so I decided to wait until the day after my beta was due and do another hpt and if it was negative I was not going to worry about having a blood test. So the day after my beta was due I did a hpt and it was very faint +ve but at the same toilet visit my period started. It was the weekend so went to a clinic the next day for a beta. My number was only 88.8 (pretty low) I went back 2 days later and it was only 114 (only a 20% increase - pretty bad - they like a min of 60% increase) so went back 2 days later and it was 207 (a reasonable increase - 80%) and then I went back 4 days later and it was 697 (a reasonable increase of about 80% every 48 hours). I still do not know if this is a viable pregnancy. I go back in a couple of days for an ultrasound. There are concerns it might be an ectopic pregnancy as the numbers are not great. Although having said that even though my numbers are within normal. I have everything crossed that this is a normal pregnancy that is just a little slow in getting started. I had 2 embryos transfered My dr at my old clinic who I have been talking to thinks maybe the 'period' was one of them miscarrying. So I hope this explains the poor increase in numbers between my first and second beta and that the other embryo was just late implanting. Anyway, I will update you when I know more.

Marina - I am really sorry to hear you got a BFN. I was really pulling for you and thought that maybe this was going to be it. Don't give up hope.

Jamie

lyly14 - August 19

Hi Jamie- I hope things work out for you. Your numbers seem pretty good now and it is common when one drops out to have a slow increase at first then increase normally. So hopefully that is what happened. Sending lots of sticky baby dust your way. Just out of curiosity, how many days after your transfer was your beta scheduled? Did you have a 3 day or 5 day? Today is 2 weeks post my retrieval but my beta is not until friday (2 weeks post 3day transfer). I took a hpt this morning and it was bfn (not even a hint of a faint line) so I am not too optimistic about a positive beta on friday. >:( :(

JasJulesMom - August 19

Lyly- Do not give up hope. It may be too early. Friday is three days away and can make a difference.

Jamie- Hope your numbers continue to increase and things go well. Keep us posted.

JamieP - August 19

Lyly - thanks for the sticky baby dust - I need as much of it as I can get at this point!

My Beta was supposed to be 14 days after ER and I had a 3 day ET but I actually ended up going 16 days after ER. When I tested a few days early there was not hint of a line and even when I did get a +ve it was pretty slow in showing and not exactly dark! After I did the first test I was sure there was no way it could come back positive as I thought it was to close to when my beta was scheduled. Don't give up hope until the beta is done. Good luck.

Jamie

Jules614 - August 19

Jamie - I was concerned I had an eptopic too as my mom and sister both had them. Was your period a full flow or just some spotting? My numbers were low at first only 45 - then 2 days later only 83. Now I am almost 40 weeks so anything could happen.

So, I am a clutz. I wen to the movies with a friend yesterday evening and because my equalibrium is off, I fell flat on my right knee. Now it is cut up and a little swollen! At least Kaitlyn is kicking away.

Julie

bdantonio - August 19

julie i sure hope that they induce you soon and dont make u go past ur due date it is not healthy. Some doctors will let their moms go to 42 weeks but all the research shows that after 40 weeks the placenta started to break down and its not good to go past 40 weeks. Just some info for you to tlak to your doctor incase she wants to wait longer

Arabsrcool - August 19

Jamie,

I hope your numbers keep climbing! Keep us posted.

Lyly,

don't give up hope, Friday is still a ways away.

Julie,

I hope you go into labor soon! I am sure you are ready to see Kaitlyn and very tired of being large pg.

I know I have 3 months to go and it seems like an eternity. I am huge, uncomfortable and short tempered!

Ronda

Jules614 - August 19

bdantonio - I hope you are right..

Ronda - I can understand 3 months feels like an eternity! Right now being as large as I do, a week feels like an eternity!!!

Julie

lyly14 - August 19

Thanks Jamie- So with what you said you didn't get a positive hpt until 15 days after your egg retrieval and it was only a faint positive, correct? If that is the case I guess I have a small chance for hope. I wish you the best and will be praying for you.

I am trying not to give up hope girls but it is not easy. My beta is 17 days after egg retrieval so that is very long to test. My old RE would have tested today, so I don't know.

Jules614 - August 19

Lyly - you have not taken a HPT test right? So why would you not have hope? Did I miss something?

Julie

Jules614 - August 19

Lyly - you have not taken a HPT test right? So why would you not have hope? Did I miss something?

Julie

lyly14 - August 19

Julie - I guess you didn't read my post from this morning.

Jules614 - August 19

lyly - I just read your post - I must have missed it. Sorry - My first couple of pre tests were negative too - In fact with my DD it wasn't until I was 2 weeks late that I got a positive. It was negative even a week after I was late.

Julie

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?