New to the site
1 Replies
purkyfaith - April 5

Hello all. Just found the site and am snooping around the posts...
I don't use all the abbreviations and lingo that most here seem to be using, but here's our story:
Been trying to have a baby since 1996. Long story short, we've had 2 tubals, 17 miscarriages, 2 failed adoptions, 3 unsuccessful IVF's, and most recently a surrogate who got pregnant by her boyfriend instead of us.
So, after battling depression for most of this past 13 years I decided to turn to some type of support. I do not know anyone who has had the heartaches we've had and feel completely alone in our journey.
I am actually contemplating trying IVF AGAIN and am unsure if this is the right path or not...although, how do you ever know what the right path is?

aalia - June 18

Hi. Just wanted to tell you that you are not alone. I have had miscarriages, two major surgeries, iui, ivf, and you name it I have done it. I was depressed just as you for a long time. What I am getting at is that we try too hard and want things to be, and when they don not turn out the way we expect them we get discouraged. For years I too wondered, but now I have changed my way of thinking. ONE needs to be happy in all aspects, I really mean it. I came across this site conceptionkit. You may want to check it out. It took me a long time to realize that I had to make a change, starting with myself. I had to teach myself to accept, let go, and above all stop trying for everything to be perfect. I quite my job, moved away, and for the first time let my husband take control of providing for me for time being. I was a workaholic, and I never knew that I too deserve time, love, care, and above all to relax. I urge everyone to take time out, and pay attention to the little things, and LAUGH. I wish you lots of luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?