WORTH ANOTHER TRY?
3 Replies
SIMPLE13 - February 21

I AM HAVING A PREGNANCY TEST TOMORROW..THIS IS OUR SECOND ATTEMPT AT IVF. MY DOCTOR WAS SURPRISED WHEN THE FRESH CYCLE DIDN'T WORK - 2 8 CELL A QUALITY.. AND THIS WAS AFTER I HAD MY TUBES REMOVED DUE TO HYDROSPHALINX AND A FIBROID IN MY UTERUS THAT WAS ALSO REMOVED-MAKING ME THE "PERFECT" IVF CANDIDATE - MY HUSBAND HAS "DONOR QUALITY" SPERM AND MY HORMONE LEVELS WERE FINE. I WAS ON LUPRON AND THE FOLLISTEM PEN WITH PROGESTERONE IN OIL THE FIRST ROUND. NO SUCCESS. WE IMMEDIATELY TRIED AGAIN WITH THE 6 EMBRYO THAT WERE FROZEN. 4 WERE IMPLANTED, 8,7,6 AND 5 CELL, ALL QUALITY B. I WAS ON ESTRACE AND PROGESTERONE AFTER THE LUPRON THIS TIME. I TOOK A HOME PREGNANCY TEST LAST NIGHT AND THIS MORNING WITH NEGATIVE RESULTS.

QUESTIONS... WHAT ELSE COULD BE WRONG IF EVEN MY DOCTOR IN ATLANTA IS COMPLETELY SHOCKED THAT IT DIDN'T WORK AND WAS CONVINCED I WOULD GET PREGNANT WITH THE FROZEN. I AM ASSUMING MY TEST WILL BE NEGATIVE, AM I MOST LIKELY RIGHT? AND, WHAT OTHER TYPES OF PROTOCOLS ARE AVAILABLE TO ME? WOULD A CHANGE IN THE MEDICATIONS DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT? SHOULD I TRY AGAIN????

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME... PS. I AM 34 YRS OLD

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - February 21

Only 1/3 to half the eggs a woman makes are capable of a successful pregnancy. The genes from the sperm do not play a role in embry growth and developement until after the 3rd day. Sperm have gene problems, too. You cannot tell by looking at a god looking embryo if it is actually a good onr. We almost always transfer day 5 embryos. The ones that do not make it that far in our lab will not produce successful pregnancies.
Good luck.

SIMPLE13 - February 21

[quote author=Barry Jacobs, M. D. link=board=5;threadid=2016;start=0#15328 date=1140485306]
Only 1/3 to half the eggs a woman makes are capable of a successful pregnancy. The genes from the sperm do not play a role in embry growth and developement until after the 3rd day. Sperm have gene problems, too. You cannot tell by looking at a god looking embryo if it is actually a good onr. We almost always transfer day 5 embryos. The ones that do not make it that far in our lab will not produce successful pregnancies.
Good luck.
[/quote]

DOES IT SOUND TO YOU IF IT IS WORTH ANOTHER TRY?

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - February 21

If we consider all treatment protocols for establishing a pregnancy, you do not reach the point of diminishing returns until the 3rd or 4th treatment cycle.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?