Which IVF Protocol Would you recommend?
3 Replies
momoffinn - February 27

Dr. Jacobs,
I know it is hard to say since you are not treating me, but I thought you might have some advice on what things to consider with my next protocol. I'm 33 and have a 3 year old little boy. I have had two pregnancies since...one chemical pregnancy in Oct 2006 and one in Sept 2008. We went through several IUIs with no success (pregs were the old fashioned way). I found out my FSH is 11, estradiol was "good" I was told. Our first IVF protocol was long luteal which gave us only 5 eggs at retrieval-although we saw 6-8 large foll, and i responded slowly...stimulated for 12 or 13 days. 3 were mature and all fertilized. 2 grade 1s and one 4 cell grade 3. just found out monday it didn't work this time. Any ideas for next IVF protocol?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - February 27

You should use a protocol your RE is comfortable using. Having said that, I would use a microdose flare protocol.
Good luck.

momoffinn - February 28

Thanks Dr. Jacobs! One other question...have you found that accupuncture increases success rates? What about diet changes?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - February 28

No. There are no scientific data supporting the contention that acupunture provides a benefit.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?