When to expect AF?
3 Replies
lyly14 - November 15

Hi Dr. Jacobs- Just a quick question. I am about to start my first IVF/ICSI cycle. I am currently on birth control pills and will start lupron injections Saturday 11/17. I will stop the bcp on Wednesday 11/21. About when can I expect to get a period after stopping the bcp and being on the lupron injections? Thanks so much!!!!!!!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 15

Since I do not know what protocol your RE is using, I do not know when he/she will start your Lupron. .you will probably start your flow 3 to 4 days after your last hormone pill in your pack. Remember, the last 7 are blanks.
Good luck.

lyly14 - November 16

Thanks for your wishes of good luck! I am on the long protocol and will start down regulation. I have been on the active bcp for over three weeks. I was told not to take the last 7 inactive pills and to start a new pack of active pills immediately to hold off my period. I am supposed to start the lupron injections on saturday and overlap with the bcp pills for 5 days. Then I continue the lupron without any bcp and fsh stims begin 6 days later. With that information, would you expect my flow to start 3-4 days after that last active bcp?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 16

You will probably have a flow a few days after you last pill.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?