What are my chances with a heartbeat?
2 Replies
Mbre - February 20

Hi Dr. J

I am 5 weeks 1 days as of yesterday. I have a u/s scheduled for feb 29th. But becasue i am so nervous that things can go wrong i requested a third beta. My first was 7db6dt 50 and 11dp6dt 321. My 3rd beta was yesterday at 3500 and a yold sack was seen. My question is this: what are my chances in seeing a fetal pole and heartbeat on feb 29th? I will be 6 weeks and 4 days......? I have not even been able to enjoy this pregnacny in fear something will happen. I am 27 years old no prior pregnancy and 3rd IVF. Also my tsh level was 3.9 should I be taking anything? Will this level cause any problems?

Mbre

B. Jacobs, M. D. - February 20

Your hCG levels have risen well, and you probably have a good pregnancy. I cannot quote a percentage probablility for you as to whether you will see a fetal heart, but I think the odds are good.
Congratulations!

Mbre - February 20

thank you so much. I will keep you posted. I don't know if you remember me, by I had a 6 day transfer after receiving a phone call that all my eggs were arrested and I would need donor eggs. If this is a Good pregnancy and people are reading this, if your docs said you need donor eggs please get a second opinion. Its not that you should doubt your re but you shouldn't doubt your intutions.

Dr. J I know I have a long way to go and i am not out the woods yet but I want to say thanks and I will keep you posted on my next u/s. Your words are very encouraging and will be used to get me through the next 8 days until my u/s.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?