wellbutrin & fertility drugs--?
3 Replies
debbie - September 26

i take wellbutrin for depression and am just now starting IVF for the first time (age 43). Do you know if there would be any drug interaction problems or if I do get pregnant, is wellbutrin safe?

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - September 26

I am unaware of any interaction between Welbutrin and any ovulation induction agent. I am also unaware if there is a problem taking welbutrin during pregnancy. Please ask the physician who prescribed your Welbutrin.
Good luck.

pj - September 28

i have been on wellbutrin for the past year while doing iui's and ivf. there has never been any reaction for me that i can tell.
i went to the website for wellbutrin xl and they say that it is a category b drug during pregnancy (which is better than most anti-depressants.) i even looked it up in a book about breastfeeding and although it's not in the best category it is compatible with breastfeeding too.
best of luck.
-pj

John Kelly - November 1

My wife was prescribed Wellbutrin in the spring of this year and became pregnant naturally in August. She is now in her 13th week and everything is normal. We have experienced infertility for the past 12 years including 3 failed IVF attempts and never became pregnant. Our doctors classified us as unexplained because we had good eggs and sperm. We are wondering if the Wellbutrin may have helped her to become pregnant. Since finding out she was pregnant in her 6th week, she has stopped taking the Wellbutrin.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?