waiting to see if I am pregnant
3 Replies
ladydye - January 23

I had ivf retieval January 10, 2009. They removed 8 eggs, but only 3 survived and I had transfer on January 13, 2009 day 3. I had 3 embryos transfered. Two embryos were stage 7 cell grade a and b+ and one was stage 5 cell grade c. This is my 10th day and I have taken toe pregnancy test and both are negative. I take my beta test on Jamuary 26, 2009. Do I have any chance of being pregnant. I do not have any eggs left because only 3 survived. I am trying to stay positive, but if I am not pregnant how soon can I repeat IVF again.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - January 23

Teh answer to that question is best answered by you RE. In my practice, I am will ing to start my patients on birth control pills after her next menstrual flow, prior to starting the next cycle.
Good luck.

Boston - January 26

I also had egg retrival done on Jan. 19,2009. The doctor was able to get 10 eggs but only 5 fertilized. When I went back on day 3 for the embryo transfer only three were graded high enough to place. I take my beta test #1 on Jan 30 and #2 on Feb.1 to find out if it worked. I am trying to keep my hopes high but it is very difficult because the more people I talk to that have gone through IVF it did not work the first time. I just never thought I would get to this point at the age of 30. As a matter of fact while sitting in the waiting room for the embryo transfer the two other women I spoke with were both on round two :( I really hopes this works the first time!!!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - January 26

Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?