UTI
3 Replies
MAg - January 8

Dr. Jacobs....

I am 7w3d pregnant and had a urinary tract infection over Christmas....it was VERY bad....I thought I was miscarrying, but it was determined to be a UTI...pelvic exam was great and had 2 ultrasounds done and saw heartbeat! Praise God! Now, I had a little blood on the toilet paper last night....none in under clothes...just like before....dark urine and all. I had some Macrobid (anitbiotic) left from last UTI and immediately took it becasue I can't get to my doctor until Monday or Tuesday. I have heard that a low dose anitbiotic can be given to pregnant women throughout their pregnancy if the are super prone to UTI's what is your take? Also, is it safe to take acidophilus tablets while pregnant?

Thanks!

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - January 8

Please discuss the use of continuous antibiotic therapy with your OB. Once my patients return to their OB's, I stay out of the way.
Good luck.

nik - January 9

right after ovulation occurs-whats going on in my body,if i am pregnant. are there any early early symptoms that show? do you get cramps that feel like ovulation even after you know you 've ovulated for sure. basically are there any tell tell signs of pregnacy before a week or two has past from ovulation

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - January 9

You will not experience any pregnancy symptoms for at least 2 weeks after ovulation.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?