uterine cavity during transfer
1 Replies
Carroll 3509 - September 7

Dr. Jacobs,

I had a fresh transfer of two ICSI blastocysts with assisted hatching on Tuesday. This is my second fresh IVF after the first failed. After the transfer, of course my bladder was full, but I had to use a bed pan to relieve myself. I then went to the restroom after resting on the table for thirty mintues. I had a two hour drive home after the transfer, and my husband had to stop the car again on the way home so I could go to the bathroom. Now I'm afraid I disrupted the space where the embryos were supposed to be "settling in" to prepare for implantation. How much "wiggle-room"/ space is there in the uterus? I envision the embryos just floating around until they hopefully stick and implant. But I read somewhere that the uterus is more like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and there is not a lot of free space to float around in. I need some reassurance I guess that they haven't fallen out. Thanks

B. Jacobs, M. D. - September 7

Before you have an identifiable pregnancy, your uterine cavity is only a potential space. The embryo are not floating. The question is if they will attach and grow. Short of instrumenting your uterus, ingesting a major toxin, or sustain a major embryo, there is nothing you can do now, which will change outcome, as long as you are taking the medications your doctor prescribed.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?