tubal pregnancy through ivf
1 Replies
jen32 - March 25

I am 32 years old and have had 2 pregnancies, both tubal. One naturally 10 years ago and one last Nov through IVF. I lost the pg and tube at 6 wks through surgery. This is our 2nd IVF attempt and we had 2 embryos transferred Fri. (1 8cell grade B and 1 7cell grade B) Our last ivf we transferred an 8cell grade C and a 4 cell grade A, and did get pg, just in the tube. This time they had me sit up right away, rather than lay down because it seems my uterus is tilted way down and they seem to think that it is possible that gravity is drawing the embryos and media toward the tubes, thus causing my tubal pg's. This is what it looked like on the ultrasound during transfer, you could see the little air dots moving down. Could that really be the culprit and with these 2 embryos (B7 and B8) does it sound like my chances for a successful pg are better this time? The other tube looked fine in surgery and was left in tact. I would really appreciate your opinion thank you.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - March 25

Tubal pregnancy with IVF is quite rare, but it does happen. There are data published, which appear to indicate that if the embryos are deposited too close to the "top" of the uterine cavity, the risk is greater.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?