Successful Pregnancy???
1 Replies
Jade - May 23

Dr. Jacobs,
I am 8 weeks 1 day pregnant. It has been quite a roller coaster for me. At 5 weeks 6 days my beta did not even come close to doubling. They called me in for an ultrasound where they found no fetal pole or heartbeat. (My RE was out of town and I had to go to hospital). Nurse called to tell me that it was a blighted ovum and to expect miscarriage within a few weeks. I had a follow-up appt. a week later when my RE was back in town. At that point I would be 6weeks 6 days. They found a fetal pole with a heartbeat of 108 bpm and measuring 6 w. 4 d. Did another beta- not good results (still not close to doubling). I was put on prog. supplements to help low prog. Went back at 7 weeks 6 days and expected the worst, but still a heartbeat- now 163 bpm and everything is now measuring correctly (7w 6d).

I guess my question is how long can a pregnancy continue when beta is really low and very slow rising? Every week I go in to expect the worst and I keep getting good news. I am very thankful- and definitely not complaining, but it gets harder every week and I really am a emotional mess trying to wait for the worst.....

Do I stand a chance in your personal/ professional opinion?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 23

Although I can offer no guaratnees, it sounds as though your pregnancy is OK.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?