stubbornly tilted uterus
3 Replies
jen32 - June 7

I am 13wks pg through IVF. My uterus is very tilted, to the point that it is hard to feel and even do vaginal ultraounds, although I have had some and can see the baby is fine. My question is- at my 13wks check up yesterday, the doc felt through internal and external exam that it is still leaning way back. When will it come forward? Everything I have read says by 12wks it rights itself, yet I am 13 wks + now. Will I be able to tell when it has corrected itself and is this a gradual change or something "overnight"? I would appreciate your advice. Thanx, Jen

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 7

As the pregnancy grows, the uterus will grow out of the pelvis. It will not happen over night, bt it will happen.
Congratulations!

jen32 - June 8

Thank you for your response. So if I don't need to be concerned about it moving forward, will I be able to tell when it has come up out of the pelvis? Like will my tummy feel different? And by what week does this usually happen? (on average, I know everyone is different) At 13 wks I don't feel any hardness or change to my abdomen. I am hoping I will be able to tell when it has come forward so I can quit worrying about it!! :-) Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you. Jen

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 9

It willl probably be several weeks before you can feel any change. Part of the variable is the thickness of your abdominal wall. If you are very thin, you may be able to feel the uterus rise above the pubic bone fairly eary. If yo are not thin, it will be longer.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?