Stimming without AF/Increasing E2 levels
2 Replies
Aimee37 - September 4

Hi Dr. Jacobs- I have 2 Questions for you.

I started stimming after no AF. My progesterone was .3 and E2 was 47.5 on day #3 (Lupron Evaluation) Today I had Day #3 stim appt. I have 11 small follies so far. Now I am worried that I had no AF and I am working on my old lining. (although I had 3 days of red spotting during breakthru on BCP's) Is this not a good thing that I did not get AF and am working on old lining?

Another Question- I read your reply to Lila. You said that if your E2 rises to quickly that it reflects that the eggs are not of good quality. My E2 did rise dramatically and was nearly 5,000 after 10 days of stims & I had 15 eggs. Makes me wonder if the quality of my eggs were not good becuase my E2 sky rocketed. Perhpas this could have caused my chemical pregnancy? Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help.
-Aimee

B. Jacobs, M. D. - September 4

Don't worry about "old endometrium". The basal level never sheds. It is our observation that too rapid rise of estrogen during stimulation seems to be associated with eggs whoe cytoplasm and ucleus are "out of phase".
Good luck.

Aimee37 - September 4

Thanks for your response about the lining. I guess I have nothing to worry about than.

My Estrogen came back at 125 after 3 days of stims which is where they like it (around 100) I asked the nurse about dramatically increasing Estrogen levels and having "out of phase" eggs and she was not too sure. I will ask an RE on Wed. when I go in for my next US about this.

I hope you are having a good Labor Day weekend even if you are working today! :)

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?