Sperm Allergy Info
2 Replies
bciervo - December 18

Hi there- I have been on here many times and you have answered many of my questions. I've been trying for 3 years- will be doing my 9th IUI next week- 7 of them were unmedicated, due to ovulating on my own. Started menopur last month, didn't work first time. Starting it again tonight. Nothing has been found through all tests except slightly high prolactin. Took parlodel for a year- with levels going up and down- just started dostinex last week. Also- a post coital was done a year ago and there were mainly dead sperm. My mucus looked fine. Doc moved us on to IUI's at this time and tested husband for sperm antibodies which came back negative. Now today a year later, they want to test me for sperm antibodies to see if Im allergic to his sperm due to the IUI"s not working. I have had a burning sensation right after ejaculation many times- once in awhile, not every single time. Didn't think much of it- went away after a few minutes. Never mentioned it to doctor- but now thinking maybe I do have some type of allergy. Please if you have an input, please let me know. My blood with be tested tomorrow with 3 antibodies to see how it interacts. Is it possible we finally found a problem?? Thank you!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - December 20

It is very rare for a woman to have antibodies to her husband's sperm The most relable way to test for those antibodies is an indorect ImunoBead test. If that is positive, you are best served with in vitro fertilization (IVF).
Good luck.

bciervo - December 21

Thanks for your reply- the test results came in yesterday. It was negative. Thanks again.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?