spaces in eggs
1 Replies
Carroll 3509 - July 14

I have had one failed fresh IVF and one failed FET. Dring the IVF, 16 eggs were retrieved, five were immature, and three had "paravillitine (spelling?) spaces" in them. However, my RE told me that the spaces went away with fertilization. Nine eggs fertilized and two were transferred on day three and two were frozen on day five.

Several Questions:

1. What are "paravillitine spaces" and what does that mean for me and my ovarian reserve?

2. My RE said he would attempt to correct the "spacing" problem by starting me on a higher dose of Follistem and HCG (along with Lupron). During my last IVF cycle he had to increase my meds in the middle of the cycle because my estrogen was low (130).

Do you agree with this analysis?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 14

The periviteline space is really a potential space between the egg cell membrane and the clear protein coat, which surrouds the egg (zona pellucida). I have not seen an actual space, except at the site where the egg has expelled excess genetic material during maturation and at fertilization. That is normal. I rellay do not know that a more aggressive stimulation will correcxt the problem you describe.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?